Ch. 100

Mason

"Today is your anniversary of well," I spoke, pausing. What could someone say to a person that has been dead for years? Honestly I was never the type of person good with this sort of stuff.

"The say you died, I guess." I said, muttering the last words. Chris's grave was right ahead of me and I didn't know what to say. Loosing my brother to this day still saddened me whenever I thought about him. He helped us escape our biological father who wasn't a father to anyone of his children.

"All my siblings have seen you even those that aren't biologically related to you. Even then, they still love you, including my parents too." I informed the gravestone.

"Today is my triplets second birthday, and it's on this day. So every year I won't just be celebrating them, but remembering you, brother." I told him. It's very ironic how my children were born on the day my brother was killed.

In a way, it was like honoring my brother as well as celebrating the day my triplets were born. Part of me was saddened when I thought of Chris but justice has been served to the monster that killed him.

Chris wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

His death may of occurred many years ago, but it still stirred a sadness in me that nothing could be done to save him. Chris helped us escape and now we couldn't repay him.

But the day my children were born changed my perspective on the matter around.

I didn't know what else to say, so I placed the flowers I had bought on his grave. Next to mine, there were a pile of lilies and even some sunflowers. Such an odd but beautiful combination.

I said my final words before I said goodbye and started to leave the graveyard. I couldn't stay long since we had to celebrate my triplets birthday.

Out of the three children, my son Nick reminded me the most of Chris. His middle name was Christopher in honor of my brother but he seemed to have gotten aspects of my half-brothers personality.

To me it was no coincidence that they were born on this day. In a way, it was a way to celebrate my brothers life through the eyes of my children.

||||||||||

So this is chapter 100 and it doesn't feel like I've written 100 chapters of this book! And 36k reads?! That's fucking awesome, thank you guys!

Next is the epilogue and I'm actually about to cry rn.

Ily guys 💓💓