Ch. 51

Colette's POV:

"Shay, it's time to pick up the kids." I said to my husband, as he looked up from his phone. His face, which usually held happiness, and life, was replaced with a solemn look. Not the same Shay I knew, when I first met him.

But when the kids were around, he couldn't show it. Same with me, I had worn a fake smile on my face. I am not a strong person, but I have to be strong for my babies.

"I'll go." Shay said, as he mumbled a 'bye', as I heard the back door slam, and his car drive out of the driveway. I sighed, as I slumped down on the couch.

It's hard for me to be strong, sometimes I want to break down, and cry, and give up. But I have six other kids, who need me, as a mom, and it's my job, to be there for them.

I looked over at the annual pictures, that we took every year, as a family, hang near our family computer. I walked over to them, and looked at them.

I had taken the 2015 ones down, and replaced them, well, some of them, from pictures of every year. They included from the first time we ever had a photo shoot, to this or last year.

I looked at the one with the whole family.

We were all in the forest area of our property, the part that had the small waterfall that we had recently discovered two years ago.

Shay had Daxton on his back, while Emmi was holding my hand. Gavin, who was next to me, since he was taller than me, and he was holding and upside down Brock. The triplets, were all in the middle of the picture, with Jamie in the middle, Mason on the right, and Sky on the left. And last but not least, Avia was on Shay's shoulders, standing up.

I don't even know how Shay did that.

In the picture, we were all smiling and laughing. I smiled, as I looked over at my, looking at there smiles, and there laughs. They were so happy, we were so happy.

I was interrupted when the phone started to ring. I quickly looked at the house phone, as I recognized the caller ID, because it was the police.

"Hello?" I answered, as I picked up the phone, and held it to my ear.

"Is this Colette Butler?" A man's voice asked, as I recognized it. It was Abraham, the officer who helped us deal with this and took the lead on the case. To find my children, who we all missed.

"Yes, hello Abraham." I said.

"Hello, Colette, I have some information I would like to share with you and your husband, if you can come down to the station." He said, as I sighed, and rubbed my temples.

"My husbands picking up the kids, can you tell me now? We will come soon, but can you tell me now?" I asked, trying to be polite. I heard him sigh from the other side of the phone.

"This is very important Mrs. Butler I-"

"Please, tell me now. I need to know." I said, as I heard a grunt, as he sighed, once again.

"Okay. We might know who took your children. Does this name sound familiar to you?"

"And that is?"

"Grant Nelson." He said.

My eyes widened, as I felt my breathing pick up. My heart started to race, as I shook the thoughts that entered my head. I felt tears start to spring to my eyes.

That name, I was all to familiar with.

|||||||||||||

Cliffhanger!!!

So, who do you think Grant is to Colette?

So I have done over 50 chapters, and I'm so happy! This book isn't ending soon, I'm just proud to where I have came!

When I first started this book, I was twelve years old or eleven years old fetus! 

And now, I have kinda grown in writing.

Anyways, thanks guys, for voting and reading my story!

Ily fam, stay lit!

Bye!