Ch. 19

Shays P.O.V:

It's been a couple of weeks since Mason has been in his coma. He has gotten a little better, but otherwise he was still the same. The kids still go to therapy and they like it. We still vlog, but not as much as we did before all of this. In two weeks, the kids start school. I hope Mason will wake up in time.

Masons P.O.V:

I. Am. So. Bored. This stupid darkness is so annoying. I don't even know if it's day or night anymore, or if I will ever be able to wake up. I have to. I have to see my family again. You know what, I am sick of this. I am going to get out of this darkness. I was going to get out. I had to get out of here. I had to have the same tingly feeling I felt I my leg I had felt a while ago. I was going to break out.

I tried to move something. Nothing would budge. This time, I tried harder. I don't think anyone was in the room. I used all of my energy and muscle to move something. I have all of my power. Then, I felt my arm move. Yes, I was getting somewhere, I tried to move it again, but it wouldn't move. No, I wasn't giving up that easily. I gave my power again and this time, I felt both my arm and leg move. Pretty soon, it felt easier to move anything. I continued to move and wiggle out of the darkness. It was working! Pretty soon, I saw light and before I knew it, my vision was seeing light and I escaped the darkness. But I wasn't were I had hoped to be.

Shays P.O.V:

I was at Casey's house helping him fix something. Then, I got a call in my pocket.

"Hello?" I said.

"Mr. Butler, we need you to come to the hospital right away." The person said. Oh no, what happened to Mason.

"I will be there." I said as I hung up. I explained what happened to Casey and I left instantly. I called Colette and told her I was at the hospital. I got to the hospital and went to Masons room. But before, I fully went in, the doctor stopped me,

"Mr. Butler?" He said.

"Yes, what is it?" I asked worriedly.

"Unfortunately, something happened and Mason has fallen into a deeper coma. He only has a ten percent chance of living. I'm sorry." He said. I held back my tears. My new, sweet, caring little boy, and he was already dieing. He was only eight! I called Colette and told her what happened. She was in tears and said was coming with Gavin.

Gavin's P.O.V:

The car ride was silent. Mom explained to me that Mason had fell into a deeper coma. We learned about comas in school last year. Mom also said he had a ten percent chance of living and we wouldn't tell Sky or Jamie yet. We not to the hospital and mom parked and we went in. Mom and dad told me to wait outside for a bit.

Colette's P.O.V:

My baby only had a ten percent chance! That is not fair for him!

"Oh, Shay." I said as I fell into Shays arms and cried into his chest. He hugged me and made small circles on my back which called me down a little.

"It's okay babe, he's strong, he will get through this, he's a fighter." Shay reassured me. He held his face to make it eye level with mine.

"He's a fighter, he's our fighter." Shay whispered. We kissed for a little. Then, we went over to him and kissed Masons little head. I watched as his small chest rose slow and fell even slower. Then, we decided it was time to get Gavin.

Gavin's P.O.V:

Mom and dad came out. There were tears on moms cheeks and dad was trying not to cry.

"You can go in now." Mom said to me. I only had saw Mason once in the couple of weeks since he has been here because mom didn't want us seeing him that much because she said she didn't want to see anyone even more sad. I went in, slowly. He looked a lot different from when I last saw him. Mason had even more wires attached to him and he looked even paler. The only thing that reassured me that he was okay was the heart monitor beeping. I walked over to his bed.

"Hey Mason, I know we don't know each other that much, but you are like one of my best friends." I said as I whipped some tears from my eyes.

"Anyways, I love you. You are a awesome brother, one of the best ones anyone could ask for. You are so kind and cool, and you are strong. You can fight through this, I know you. Don't let anything stop you." I said to him as I whipped my remaining tears and left. Mom took me home and dad stayed a couple of more hours before he left.

Shays P.O.V:

Colette got the rest of the kids to bed. She was in bed when I got in with her. We just stayed silent for a while, not talking or sleeping, just acknowledging each others presence. Prettying soon, Colette's soft breathing took me to sleep.

Then, a noise woke me up. I glanced at me clock, it read three thirty. My phone was ringing. It was the hospital. I braced myself and picked up the phone.

"Hello." I croaked out.

"Mr. Butler, your its your son." The doctor said.

"Yes?" I said.

"He's........" The doctor said. Tears filled my eyes.

Hey guys! Cliffhanger! I am so sorry, but i have to make it interesting somehow! Shoutout to shaytardsss12 for her awesome support. Anyways, thanks for reading and bye!~ Diana🙇