Chapter 2

(Edited)

Mason

"So what happened?" Sky asked, as Sky and I faced Jamie. Skye and I were sitting on Sky's bead that was next to Jamie, and Jamie was sitting on her own bed.

"Okay guys, so here's what happened." Jamie said.

"When I was placing the exploding bomb thing, I saw the file cabinet opened. So, I went to it, and opened it, and searched for our names. So I found my file, and grabbed it, and I didn't have time to grab the records and files for you guys, because Ms. Sour came in, and I had to hide. Sorry." Jamie said. I put my hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, at least you got yours." I said, as Jamie looked at me, and smiled. She hugged me, and I hugged her. Pretty soon, Sky joined in, and it was a group hug.

"Why don't we open it?" Sky asked, once we pulled out of the hug.

"I was just going to!" Jamie said. She grabbed the file from behind her, and placed it in her lap. She was about to open it, when she paused her hand in the air, as she paused her movement. She looked like she was trying to decide something. Then, she put her hand down.

Confusion swept over me, what was she doing?

"Why did you stop?" I asked.

"Because, I wanted for all three of us to open it together. It's not fair that I only open it first, since I only grabbed my file." She said, as Sky and I smiled.

"Thanks Jammie." Sky said, using one of the nicknames we gave her when we were younger. We had nicknames for each other, at least more than one.

"No problem, now let's open this!" Jamie said.

"On three. One, two, three!" Jamie said, as all three of us said the last part together. We all opened the record file at the same time. There were multiple papers.

"Here, I'll give you each three papers!" Jamie said, as she gave us each three papers. I looked at the first one. It looked like a official document from Sunshine Orphanage, that we were living here, until we got adopted, like that would ever happen. It didn't look important, so I skipped it.

The second paper, had a bunch of random words on it. I tried to read it, but all I picked up, were the words mass-murderer, and brought to, because one, I didn't know that many words in writing, and two, they were all in script.

I then skipped to the last file. It was a document with a signature. The document had words I didn't understand. On the bottom, there were two signatures. I could only make out the letters o and L, which were in the middle of the signature. There was nothing here.

Just as I was about to give up, a small photograph slipped from the paper and fell on the floor. I picked it up,and looked at my siblings. They were to busy trying to figure out what the things they were reading meant.

I looked at the photo. It was taken by a Polaroid camera. I tried to see the photo, but it looked like most of it was burned off. I looked closer at the picture.

From what I could tell, there was a picture of a small baby, and possibly two other ones, but it was cut off from the picture. The rest of it was burned off.

Who were these babies? Could they be us?

I looked at the back, and I saw some of it was destroyed also, but it had words. They were written in black pen, like a thin sharpie, and looked smudged.

I looked closer, and saw two name on the back.

Ethan Jax, Lauren Darcy, and another name that wasn't readable.

What was that?

Suddenly, we heard the children running up the stairs. When you heard that, you knew it was bedtime, and if Ms. Sour caught you in ten opposite room you were suppose to be in, you would get it.

"Quick put everything in!" Jamie said, as we all quickly out everything in. Even though I needed the photograph, I still put it in.

---------

"Okay kids- Mason what are you doing here!? And Jamie, give me what's sticking out of your mattress right now!" Ms. Lemons said, as her face turned red. Jamie gave her the file, and she looked through it.

"Why were you looking through these records? These are private records, you kids are not allowed to access them! If I see you access them one more time, you will be punished. And you, Mason, go to the boys room!" Ms. Lemons said, as she pointed her ugly finger at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I'm going." I said, as I left. I mouthed Jamie and Sky a good night before I left, and they mouthed me one two. As soon as I got to the boys room, I changed into my pajamas, and crawled under the covers.

Ms. Lemons shut our lights out as I got under the covers. I thought about the things we had found today. Pretty soon, before I knew it, I was asleep.