Chapter 3

(Edited)

Sky

I felt myself shaking, as I opened one eye. I had come to the realization that my sister was shaking me awake. Usually I was the one who woke up first, but not today it seemed.

"Jamie, I wanna have five more minutes! Let me sleep!" I mumbled in my morning voice as Jamie stopped shaking me, but instead jumped on my bed like an obnoxious three year old.

"Ms. Sour won't allow that, she wants us to go down and be ready." Jamie said, as I sat up. Jamie had her dirty blond hair in a ponytail, and she was wearing her grey sweater with her jeans along with her worn out black converse.

"Okay, I'm gonna get up and change!" I said, as Jamie sat on her bed that was next to mine, humming some sort of old song, or something.

I got up and changed in the bathroom. Luckily, there was no line because usually, people fought over who went to change in the bathroom, or who showered first. I put on a simple blue shirt with a puppy along with black tights and my worn out blue converse.

I walked out of the bathroom to notice Jamie wasn't in the room anymore. I shrugged it off, as I walked out of the room and down the steps to the room we were suppose to wait in.

---

"I wonder who is coming today!" I said, smiling in hopes we might actually get adopted.

We all played around the room, until Ms. Lemons announced the families were coming in now. We didn't have to stand in a line, we just had to play and act natural, according to what she said.

Different families came in, and looked around the room. The three of us continued to talk and play. But I secretly kept watch of the families that were in the room.

After a while, I decided to just play with my siblings, ignoring the families.

"Hello young man." A lady said, as she walked up to Mason. She had hair that looked like it had been bleached one too many times and pointy glasses. She inspected Mason, or whatever it is you call it.

"Stand up, little boy." She sneered, as Jamie and I rolled our eyes.

Snob

"I'm not little, my name is Mason and I am eight years old!" Mason said bravely, standing up to the mean lady, as she scoffed and mumbled something I shouldn't say.

"And what's your name again?"

"Mason."

"Do you have any siblings?" She asked. Of course, they always had to ask this part. Every time someone came in, they always asked one of us, 'do you have a sibling?'. And we would well the truth, and no one ever took us three.

"Yes, my sisters Sky and Jamie." Mason said, as we stood up.

The lady eyed us suspiciously, as she mumbled something else to herself, and inspected us. Jamie out her hand on her hip, waiting for it to be over.

"Well, thank you for your time you three." She said without a proper goodbye, or a nice smile. Once she left, we sat down at the small table there was in the room.

"What a snob!" Jamie said, as we all laughed.

-----

"Hi!" A voice piped up, as we looked in back of us.

It was a week later since the snob lady had came. Every day, or most of the time this was the routine, change, eat something, hang out in the play room and let the families come, and when they finish, eat, play and sleep.

That's how it always went.

"Hi!" I said back, smiling. The girl looked about seven, with her bright blond hair, similar to mine and Jamie's, and her brown eyes. Her hair was neatly put back into a headband. Her outfit was a bring sparkely pink shirt, with some short that stopped at her knees, and some shoes I didn't know the name of.

"I'm Emmi!" She said, as she stuck out her hand. I shook it, and she smiled. She waved at Jamie and Mason, as they waved back. She must of been with one of the families, since she didn't live here.

"I'm Sky, and these are my siblings, Jamie and Mason!" I said, as she mumbled a 'hi' to them.

"My family, are looking for a new sister or brother for me! And I am-"

"Emmi! Come on, mom said only talk to one kid, not three! Obviously we don't want three!" A older girl, who looked about a year older than us, with brunette hair said, as she came over and grabbed her sisters hand.

"Avia, mom said we could talk to some of the kids here!" Emmi said, as she tried to yank her hand free.

"Hey! She was just talking to us so cool it down a notch!" I said, trying to stand up for Emmi. The brunette scoffed, as she turned to us.

"Oh stop it, shorties! I'm talking to my sister, so excuse us!" She said, as she pushed past us, making me fall to the floor. Jamie and Mason quickly helped me up.

"She's so rude!" Jamie said, as us two agreed.

----

"Triplets, come meet someone!" Ms. Sour said, using her fake nice voice. The three of us came to her office as we noticed a man and a woman, along with two girls sitting down.

The girls were Avia and Emmi.

"What do you guys think about going home with them?" Ms. Lemons said, as the three of us widened our eyes in amazement. I noticed the mom looking at us like she was overjoyed, and so was the dad.

"We would love to!" Mason said, before I could speak up. I didn't want to live with the Avia girl, she did push me and hurt her own sister. But at the same time, we weren't perfect either.

We started to talk to them, but Mr. Sour interrupted us.

"Go pack your things, they are going to take you home in the morning!" She said to us, as we ran out of the room, and to the bedrooms to pack.

----

We waved back at the old orphanage. The three of us each had our small backpacks with things inside of them, that had value to us.

We had learned that the woman and the man who had adopted us, were named Shay and Colette. I grew to love them instantly and so did the others.

We had talked before we left, and they seemed like nice and caring people. We had learned they had five other kids, so they had a really big family. They told us they worked for YouTube, a website where they made videos and skits. And they had just moved back to Idaho.

"Why did you adopt us?" I asked, as Shay and Colette looked back at us, or should I say, mom and dad.

"Let's just say we wanted more joy in our family, we needed to complete it." Shay, or dad said, as we nodded our heads. We looked out of the window, watching the trees pass by. We didn't really get to go out that often.

"Soon you'll meet the family!" Mom said, as we pulled up to a house.

For the rest of the time, I wondered how our new family would be.