Ch. 99

Five Years Later

Sky

It's been five years since I've had Aurora and she's been a handful. Aurora always wanted and still wants much attention, the opposite of me as a child. Her hair is still super curly and takes hours to do and her eyes are brighter than ever.

After I gave birth, Kendrick wanted to come gain custody of his daughter. Don't ask me how he found out I had her, but there was a huge trial and I ended up gaining custody of my daughter. Kendrick finally got what he deserved and was thrown in jail, which will last fifteen years.

Even when they do release him, I filed a restraining order against him so that asshole isn't touching me or my daughter.

We had just moved back to California a few months again where I've been working. I still talk to Jodie and Sam and my whole family but it's time for Aurora and I to have a fresh start. Mason had his set of triplets and married Brooke about three years ago. Jamie got married three years ago and had a daughter who was still little.

"Mommy, what do you work as?" Aurora questioned me while she scribbled in her coloring book I had bought her. The weekends were my days off and I spent it with Aurora.

"Mommy works as a social worker," I informed her as she looked at me confused.

"What is that?" She questioned me, placing down a purple crayon and switching to the blue one. She began to color the cartoon in her small book.

"Mommy helps kids who don't have mommies or daddies or need help." I told her, trying to help her understand. I wasn't going to originally become a social-worker but I changed my mind after I went back to school.

"Oh, okay!" She exclaimed with bliss.

Later on as we watched a movie, Aurora shook my arm.

"Mommy, what is this picture?" She asked me, holding up a picture frame.

"Why aren't you full of questions today." I said, taking the frame and looking at the picture.

I was surprised to see that she had chosen the one of us triplets as little babies, the first ever picture taken of us. Jamie had the original copy and Mason and I had gotten another copy.

"This picture," I spoke, picking up Aurora and placing her on my lap, "is of Aunt Jamie, Uncle Mason, and I as babies. When we were first born someone took this picture of us."

"Wow you were very tiny! Was I that tiny?" Aurora asked me as I placed the frame back in its original position and smoothed out Aurora's curly, thick hair.

"Yes, you were tiny too." I told her as I stopped smoothing her hair and tickled her. She squealed as she begged for me to stop but I kept tickling her.

With every passing day, she's grown more and more beautiful. My daughter will always come first in my heart no matter what. She's officially won me over everyday that passes.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

|||||||

One more chapter than the epilogue everyone!

I'll probably post them tomorrow if all goes well.

Ily guys 💓💓