Ch. 44

Jamie's P.O.V

-earlier that day-

"Okay everyone line up, because we are going to a special assembly!" The teacher piped up, as we all rolled our eyes and groaned.

The last 'special assembly' we had was with a corny game show thing, where they tried to advertise their cheap ass products. Like who wants a ten dollar yo-yo?

"It better not be those dumb shit people who tried to sell us ten dollar yo-yo's!" Valerie called out, as the entire class bursted out laughing.

"Who said that!?" The teacher said, as everyone kept quiet.

"Fine, you all get a extra quiz tomorrow since no one wants to tell me!" The teacher said, as we all groaned, and rolled our eyes.

Teachers.

------------

"I hope it's not that gay ass yo-yo!" I said, as the squad nodded in agreement.

"Yep!" They said, as the auditorium lights shut off, which indicated the show was going to start now, which I was not looking forward to.

The curtain opened with a clown coming out on a unicycle. The fuck, are we five?

"Hi kids! Whose ready to party?!" The clown said, as everyone mumbled a 'me', not being satisfied with this stupid ass performance.

He performed some corny ass tricks, and a couple of other people came out. I rolled my eyes, as I took my phone out and started viewing people's stories on snapchat.

Dad let us have Instagram and all the other social medias when we were 12. He lowered the age a little bit, which I was happy for, since Gavin got a phone at 12.

"Butler, put the phone away, now!" My teacher said, as my whole face turned red, and I slide my phone into my pocket. The class was laughing.

"And do we have some volunteers to come up?" The clown asked, walking to our class. Some of the class was afraid of clowns, so they scooted over.

"And how about you, young lady?" He said, coming over to me. I was kinda afraid of clowns, but kinda not, they were just so weird.

"How about a, 'no thanks'" I said, as he grabbed my arm, and led me up to the stage anyways.

"Alrighty kids and this is?" He said, as he pointed the mike towards me. In the background, there was a announcement about something, but I couldn't hear it. It was probably for the teachers or something.

"Someone who doesn't want to be up here!" I said, as the whole auditorium laughed. The teachers gave me a look, but it ignored it.

"Awh, well that's not the right attitude you should-"

He was interrupted by a couple of gunshots going off. Bullets were flying everywhere, and everything went super-fast motion. People were falling down, indicating they had been shot.

One of them hit the clown, as he yelled, and fell. The whole auditorium screamed, as I let out a big scream, as the clown collapsed on the ground.

"Stay quiet, and don't try to leave, and no one else gets hurt!" A loud voice rang from the back of the auditorium as I looked down at the clown.