Ch. 64

/Colette/

"Mrs. and Mr. Butler?" A doctor called us as we stood up and anxiously walked over to them. For the first time today, I felt absolute fear and terror.

Please let my babies be okay.

"That's us!" Shay spoke.

There was one doctor here right now with another one next to him. We immediately stood up and went over to him. He looked calm and relaxed, as if this sort of thing happened every day. The other doctor-my guess an intern, stood next to him.

"I am here to update you on Mason Butler. He had some broken bones and a broke rib that needs some time to heal. We had to stitch up some of his wounds and take care of his cuts. He was also severely dehydrated and very shaken up, but he will be fine physically in a month. Just keep him from any physical activity for a while." The doctor explained with a serious look in his eye.

"Thank you doctor. By any chance, do you know anything about Sky or Jamie Butler?" I questioned the doctor, nervousness in my voice. I attempted to prepare myself for any horrible news.

"I'm sorry, I'm only on Mason's case. You can visit him if you would like." The younger doctor spoke up. I mouthed to the kids to stay in the waiting room.

"Can we please?" Shay asked as the doctor took us to his room.

We walked up the stairs to floor one where Mason's room was. The doctor and the intern left us some time alone for our children. Right before we got in, I saw Shay vlogging.

"So as you all may of heard, from the news or us family members, we found the triplets. Right now, we are going to visit Mason, since he is the only one we can visit right now. I'll update you guys later when we learn more!" Shay exclaimed as he shut the camera and put it in his pocket.

We held hands as we entered Mason's room.

The one thing is- Mason had definitely changed.

He had many bruises and cuts across his face, along with dried up blood. I saw a bandage poking through his ribs, my theory was to help heal his ribs. He looked more paler and thinner, and his expression held a look of fear.

I felt my fist scrunch up, that asshole will pay for what he had done.

If he is not dead already.

"Mom? Dad?" Mason whispered as I felt tears come to my eyes. I felt all this worry go away, as I ran over to Mason's bed and engulfed him into a big hug. I started to cry and so did he.

"I missed you Mase." I whispered as he let go of the hug. I saw the tears coming down his cheeks. He looked relieved to see us. His eyes still glistened with some fear and happiness.

"I missed you too mom and dad!" He exclaimed in a low voice as Shay came over and joined in. Shay, for the first time, cried as he hugged Mason tightly in his arms.

Once we let go, his face changed from happiness to worry.

"Why didn't you come and find us sooner?" He asked in a small voice. I looked at his scared, broken, damaged face as I gave him another hug.

That's what haunted me- that my children thought I couldn't find them sooner. Or that we had gives up, which wasn't the case.

"We tried, baby. We tried." I whispered as I hugged him for a third time, not letting go.

Mason was back with us.

||||||

Thanks for reading this chapter!

Love you all!