Chapter 4

(Edited)

Jamie

"We are here!" Shay exclaimed. He pulled up into a massive driveway that looked like it had been newly paved. The three of us stared in awe of the large house in front of us.

"Holy fudge, this is amazing!" I screamed out. Shay Colette, and Emmi chuckled which caused Avia to roll her eyes. We all got out of the car as the three of us continued to look at the house.

"This is a mansion!" Mason spoke.

"We just bought it so it's not done yet. Since we just left sunny California-" Emmi spoke but Avia interrupted her.

"It's not like they would know how it's like over there Emmi! They obviously were poor before!" Avia spoke, as the three of us glared at her rude behavior.

"Avia!" Shay and Colette scolded.

"Sorry, but it's true!" She sassed back.

"What's true is your rude attitude," I mumbled under my breath. She turned to me, giving me the stink eye as she sassily put her hand on her hip.

"Would you like to repeat that a little louder?" She hissed.

"Nope." I said, smirking.

After the whole incident, Shay went to talk to Avia on the side. We were waiting in the front because Colette went inside of the house to go tell the family we were ready to see them.

Emmi waited in the from with us as Colette came out. At the same time, Shay came back with a calm Avia- which was good for now.

"Shay? Colette?" Sky spoke.

"Yeah, Sky?" Colette said.

"Can we call you guys mom and dad?" She said in a small voice. I expected them to say no, but their faces immediately curved upwards into a smile.

"Call us whatever you want." Colette said.

"Except for any bad words my children!" Sha- dad said in a weird accent as we all laughed.

"Okay, they are ready for us now!" Colette said, as she took us inside.

The house wasn't fully furnished yet- although it still had the basic furniture so far. There were still some rooms that needed to be fixed up. Still, the house was beautiful.

Colette lead us to a room with a kitchen that was still being furnished that looked like it connected to the living room as well.

In the living room, I saw four people on the couch.

Once we came over, all eyes were on us.

On the couch there was a boy who looked about ten years old with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Then, there was another boy who looked as if he was four years old with dirty blond hair and brown eyes. The youngest boy was being held by an older woman.

Maybe their- our grandma?

The thought struck me causing me to smile.

I never had a grandma.

The youngest boy looked at me with his small blond hair and blue eyes. He gurgled something in baby language as he tried to reach for us.

"Everyone, these are our new family members: Mason, Sky, and Jamie Butler. They are eight years old and ready to be apart of our family!" Shay spoke, introducing us.

"Are they triplets?" The oldest boy questioned his father.

"Obviously they are Gavin!" Emmi spoke, as the four year old looked confused. The older woman- who I learned was our new grandma from dad's side told him what it means.

We continued to talk to our new family.

The four year old is named Brock and the baby, who isn't one yet, is named Daxton. Dad explained the whole family tree to the three of us.

----

We spent some time with our new family, cracking jokes and telling stories. Now, we were playing in Avia's room that was going to be her new room.

Since they just moved from California they are still renovating the house.

"Let's play American girls!" Emmi exclaimed as we all nodded in agreement.

Sky

"Avia, can I borrow Julia?" I questioned Avia in a small voice. She rolled her eyes before shoving the doll harshly at my chest.

"Take her," She said in a rude tone. My chest still hurt from where she shoved the doll at me.

Something crawled up her butt today, sheesh!

We continued to play American Girl dolls, even with Avia's attitude. She seemed to be mad at us for some reason, maybe because we got adopted?

We were playing with the small American Girl Doll teacup set the girls had gotten. As I picked up a small teacup, Avia roughly grabbed it out of my hand.

"What's your problem with us?" I piped up.

Jamie

"My problem is you guys! You ruined everything!" She spat. Sky got up to go tell mom and dad but Avia grabbed her hand.

"Let go of her!" I hissed as she rolled her eyes. Emmi watched, horrified at all the noise we were making. Avia stood up and pushed Skye to the ground.

"What the heck are you doing!?" I shouted. She smirked before stepping over Sky's hand to get to me. Before she could do anything else to my sister, I stood in front of her.

Emmi helped Skye up from in back of me as I faced Avia.

"Listen, I don't know what your problem is-"

"My problem is you three! You came in and ruined our family!" She spat at me as she pushed me.

I felt anger boil throughout my veins. I grabbed her shoulders and roughly pushed her. She stumbled back a few feet, looking pissed.

We were about to fight, but Emmi got in the middle.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Guys, stop it!" She exclaimed. All of a sudden, dad peeked his head through the door, looking at us and wondering what was going on.

"What's going on in here?" He questioned.

"I was just leaving," Avia spat as she walked out of the room.

As she left, I wondered:

What was her problem?

|||||

Just to clear things up, I have nothing against Avia. Her being the way she is in this book is only for the storyline.

Avia is a happy, smart young girl.

This might have some grammar and spelling mistakes because I'm not the best at those lol.