Ch. 65

/Avia/

Gavin, Emmi, and I had been told to wait in the waiting room. Aside from that, there was no one in here, except for an old man, who was silently weeping for someone.

"Gavin, when can we go see them?" Emmi questioned.

"When mom and dad tell us we can, but we have to wait!" Gavin exclaimed as he wrapped an arm around me and a arm around Emmi.

These past few months had been hard and long on all of us.

"But I don't want to wait, I can't wait anymore!" Emmi spoke, raising her voice. Gavin sighed, rubbing his head in frustration.

"What am I suppose to say Emmi!? I can't stop you from going, and I sure as hell we all want to see them!" Gavin replied back to Emmi. Gavin was right- we all wanted to see the triplets.

Since we all want to, whose stopping us, besides mom and dad?

"Then let's go see them!" I intervened, as my two siblings faced me. They looked at me, surprised that I had said something about it.

It had been a long few months, and my patients was running out.

"We can't just go and-"

"Oh yes we can, watch this!" I exclaimed, walking over to the nurse at the front desk. At first, she didn't notice me, but I cleared my throat and she looked up.

"Excuse me, can we visit one of the Butler triplets?" I questioned with confidence in my voice. The lady looked at me as if I had asked her can I steal some candy.

"Only family is -"

"I am their family, and so are they!" I raised my voice, pointing to Gavin and Emmi who were in back of me. Emmi looked down in embarrassment, and Gavin stood confidently. The nurse cocked her eyebrow at me.

"You need a parent, sorry sweetie." She said, her voice holding no sympathy.

"Come on that's-"

"Those are the rules honey." She spoke, giving me a bitch smile. I balled up my fists in anger. Giving up wasn't an option for me, and I don't care if I looked like a bratty fourteen year old.

"We need to see them! We haven't seen them for months!" I fired at the nurse. She was about to reply when all of a sudden, a frantic looking girl pushed us out of the way.

I gave her a small glare, but she didn't seem to notice.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can find someone?" She spoke, her voice hoarse and tired. Her blond hair was messy and her blue eyes held fear in them.

"Come on, let's go sit down," Gavin told us, leading us to the chairs. Even though we sat, I continued to watch the girl. She seemed to be talking to the nurse and the nurse started to call someone.

"Wonder what that's about." Emmi mumbled, as she pulled out her new phone. Mom and dad had changed the rules about getting a phone. Since they let Gavin get one at age twelve, they let all the kids get one at age twelve.

Since we were here, I decided to vlog with my phone and send dad the footage later.

"Hey everyone, I can't yell because we are at the hospital. Gavin, Emmi, and me are waiting in the waiting room for any news. I think mom and dad went to see one of the triplets. As far as we know, Mason is the only one they can visit right now!" I exclaimed.

From the corner of my eye, I watched the girl fiddle with her fingers nervously.

"Anyone want to say anything?" I asked my siblings, as both of them looked up from their phones. Eventually, Gavin decided to vlog using my phone for about five minutes, then letting Emmi talk a little bit.

Once it was done, we waited.

----

"Gavin, do you know who the man was?" I curiously asked him. Emmi had fallen asleep on some chairs, and we were all pooped as well. The girl had gotten up to go somewhere, and the old man had left.

Instead of Gavin shrugging off the question, his eyes darkened.

That only meant one thing: he knew something, and he knew it was dangerous to tell. He avoided my eyes, before speaking.

"Y-yes, he's a bad man." Gavin spoke in a low voice, averting his eyes to the floor once again. I felt my curious side get the best of me.

I was the child who always wanted to know the most I could about everything- especially this.

"Who was he?" I questioned. Gavin looked deep in thought, until I snapped my fingers, causing him to focus his attention at me. His eyes held sadness and pain, and even a look of anger.

"I-I don't know if it's my place to say Av's, you might want to ask mom and dad." Gavin replied, as I scoffed. I knew there was no way in the hell I would get a answer from mom and dad right now. This was just a way to avoid the question.

"Gavin, mom and dad won't tell me shit, just tell me Gavin! I'm not the little nine year old girl who hated her new adopted siblings because she wanted attention, I'm fourteen now! I can handle it!" I exclaimed at Gavin. From next to him, Emmi shifted in her sleep.

Gavin thought about it for a minute, before finally giving in to me.

"Fine, I will tell you, but you have to promise mom and dad I didn't say anything!" Gavin asked, fear rising in his voice. I reassured him I wouldn't say anything.

Gavin sighed before looking me straight into the eye.

"The man who kidnapped the triplets-" He said, before pausing. Being my impatient self, I interrupted him.

"He what? Just tell me!" I spoke up. Gavin rolled his eyes, being used to the way I interrupted people. Was the man kidnapping them because he was a fan, or-

"Fine, I will tell you." He spoke, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"The man who kidnapped them, is their father." Gavin said. My mouth fell wide open. That hit me with a wave of surprise, and so many other questions.

"That's not all." Gavin spoke to me.

|||||||

I finally updated lmao.

I'm so tired and still on vacation!

Bye YALL!