『utterly lost

A/N: I am going to use episodes to tell you where in the story we are. This is in the Legend of Korra, of course. A lot of familiar characters are gonna appear soon~ I hope you guys are excited about this chapter as much as I am!!!

Please enjoy!

[x]

[Season 4, Episode 9]

"Korra," Zaheer calls out as his eyes lay on the back of the Avatar. After reestablishing her connection with the Spirit World, he cannot help but sate the curiosity of what he saw in her blockage to it.

The girl turns, eyes fierce with determination in her revitalized strength. "What is it?"

"Did you see her?" His question needs no explanation, and her resolve wavers.

"Who is she?"

"So you saw."

"I saw a glimpse of you and I in the North Pole, but there was a woman," Korra speaks slowly. "She fell through the Northern Spirit Portal... but it doesn't make sense. I only opened the portal a few years ago."

Zaheer shakes his head. "You half-opened it when you entered the Avatar mode as a child, but you were too weak to actually open it. I believe when Unalaq saw this, he began to form his plan but had to wait for you to be older."

"How did I do that as a child? And how can I not remember opening it?"

"You wanted to keep her safe, and I suppose Raava heard your wish. I still cannot understand how she entered the Spirit World fully," Zaheer explains. "And I cannot find her anywhere. Unalaq had searched for her as well but to no avail."

The notion of her deceased uncle attempting to find you has her riddled with more confusion. "Why did Unalaq want her?"

"Because she knew he was partly responsible for your kidnapping. She knew everything, so when she disappeared, it was one less thorn by our side."

She begins to recall the vague details of the day: Unalaq greeting them at the Northern Water Tribe; her shared room with you; the Spirit Oasis then everything goes dark. "I'm starting to remember it," Korra mutters as she holds her head. "But why is everything so blurry?"

"I remember her having you blindfolded through most of it. Though it is traumatizing for a child to be kidnapped," Zaheer sighs.

"That's right," Korra hums as she recalls the moment she felt your blood spurt out from the damage. However, you made sure to shield her from the sight. "Aunty... [Name]."

Zaheer frowns as he thinks back to your dying face. "I've been searching for her, but she is smart. She probably has kept hidden. No other human has truly lived in the Spirit World for such a long time. There are so many questions I have for her."

Korra's memories flood her head one by one, tears sliding down her cheeks as she finally remembers her love for you. "Has she been missing all this time?" He nods his head. "I... I need to save her!" Her body tenses at the thought of her inactivity for almost 15 years, but the decision on where to start first immobilizes her.

Zaheer notices her perplexed state and remedies her convoluted thoughts. "Worry about Kuvira first. I'll continue searching. There are some clues I've been tailing during my time in solitary."

His willingness to lend a hand despite him being your enemy sounds too odd. She remembers the day he attacked, the day you protected her as best you could against him and his leader. Why would he want to aid in your recovery if not to end you? "I still can't trust you," Korra growls. "And why would you even help?"