『a burning tower

"What's this girl doing?" Toph asks as she puts her hand on her hips. Full scrutiny mars her features, but from what you've read in several books that's her usual composure.

"Are you okay, [Name]?!" Sokka asks. 

You open your mouth to answer but the sound of water gushing towards you halts any words you may have. Min Hua aims straight for you but she is blocked by the stone wall Toph had quickly created. Eyes wide you watch as Toph manipulates the rock to rumble towards the gang of villains. 

They move out of the way in time but just as they try to counter Toph, their bodies freeze. You hear a crunch in the snow behind you and notice Katara's angry stare. Beside her is Aang, who wears the same look of intensity.

Your vision fades as the pain in your abdomen becomes too much for you. Slowly, your eyelids creep down until everything blackens and your consciousness fades.

[x]

"Something isn't right and you know it," Iroh exclaims as he speeds up the hill that overlooks the city.

Tonraq jogs beside the boy with Haku on his other side. The three of them run at top speeds, their throats burning with every cold breath. Having found Haku not too long ago, the boy informed them of an ongoing battle up on the hills. Deep in their hearts, they knew it had to be you.

After all, trouble always came looking for their group.

"T-There!" Haku shouts as he points at the ongoing battle. The group spots a familiar group of people battling the culprits of your first kidnapping. Sokka and Toph are fighting back the seedy-looking man and the woman who shoots fire explosions from her forehead. Meanwhile, Katara holds her own against a new villainous face and Aang partakes in combat against the leader of their group.

Iroh's gaze slides in all directions until he finally spots your body in the snow. His heart throbs and he rushes over to your unconscious figure. "[Name]!... Oh no, what have they done to you?!" he gasps while shaking your body.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you!" Toph calls out as she bends another piece of ground to protect them from the woman's fire explosions. "Katara just finished working on her."

"What happened to her?" Haku asks as he joins in on the fight, hurling a giant rock at the woman's partner. Thankfully, his surprise inclusion to the fight catches the man off guard and the rock slams right into his stomach.

"Zaheer!" the woman shouts.

"Stay back, P'Li!" the man grunts.

Katara looks back at Haku with a sorrowful stare. "It seems they broke a few of her ribs. I'm still trying to fix them." She doesn't have time to continue her explanation as she blocks another icicle from Min Hua. Tonraq runs forward and stomps on the ground, giving himself a stable form to create ice structures with the wave of his hand. They flow and rush at the woman. She steps back and throws one of her water arms at him which turns to an ice scythe that aims straight for his neck.

Katara intervenes and slices the scythe with one of her own. When her eyes lock with the raven-haired female, she returns the broken scythe at full force at the woman's abdomen, causing her to awkwardly dodge with a flip.

"What a pain," Min Hua says through grit teeth. She then jumps to the sky and creates a barrage of icicles that float along with her. With all her strength she drops each icicle at a deliberate spot in quick succession, aiming straight for the group.

Iroh clenches his teeth as guilt overwhelms him. As much as he wants to be by your side, he needs to partake in the fight. With a quick intake of air, Iroh looks up at the sky and breathes out a burst of fire. The torrent of fire burns through the icicles, and Min Hua retreats back to the ground in hopes of avoiding the fierce heat. P'Li jumps back to rejoin her group, assisting the man Zaheer up onto his feet. 

Toph clicks her tongue at the predicament before them. "No wonder Zuko and Aang couldn't capture this group the last they fought."

"They surely are powerful," Sokka agrees as he readies his sword. He wants to continue his attack but the fight beside him proves to be a difficult hurdle. The group's leader and Aang are in a heated back and forth with the man strategically firebending while Aang tries to diffuse the intensity of the fires with his airbending. 

Katara notices this and she tries to find some way to solve the matter. "This is futile!" Her strong voice captures the attention of all, allowing Aang to maneuver his way out of his fight to regroup beside Katara. "None of you will escape. There are many influential leaders and benders below this hill, and they will be here soon. Stand down while you still can."

The group stays silent at her threat, but their leader shows no sign of backing down. "We'll just take them out after taking you out." His response gives the group chills and he relishes in that. "But first, we must get rid of that girl."

The villainous group all turn their heads to stare at your lifeless form. Now with their goal out in the open, it feels like an all-out war will ensue and Iroh's fear of losing you intensifies. With clenched fists, he allows his emotions to take over his body.

"You. won't. touch. her!" he huffs out with each step he takes towards the group. They ready themselves to attack, but it's P'Li who moves first and blasts a fire beam directly at Iroh. Unfazed, he punches at the air in one swift motion and summons a giant stream of fire. It comes in contact with the beam and creates an explosion of massive proportions.

The force of the explosion causes both groups to brace themselves and hold their ground as best they can; some kneel due to the sheer force of it while others (Haku) tumbles away. Iroh remains balanced on his feet, his arms whipping around wildly to harness the explosion into a fire tornado. 

Everyone watches on as he does his best to contain the brutal disaster, causing it to grow taller in an attempt to escape and swallow the area. The higher it gets, the brighter the sky becomes and the harder it is to see those around him. Soon enough the fire tornado reaches a height that appears to reach the tops of the sky which frightens those around him. Onlookers from the festival marvel at it, oblivious of the tornado's true intentions.

At the sight of such ferocity, the Red Lotus group understands their limitations and wordlessly slip away, unbeknownst to the Avatar group. As they depart, Iroh continues to heighten the flames to epic proportions.

Until it soon begins to consume him.

[x]

[A/N]: Iroh is in trouble, the reader is in trouble and Haku went flying. Yeah, the group is having a rough day with all the fighting. No lie, fight scenes are a little tough to write for me cause I gotta make sure I don't mess up the bending styles. e_e I hope you enjoyed and thanks for still reading the story! Next update will be quicker!