『remember us, remember our promise

A/N: This is bittersweet yet so perfect in every way. It's been a while since the gang reunited so I hope you enjoy this beautiful reunion. UNLESS THERE ISNT A REUNION AND YOU GOTTA WAIT ANOTHER MONTH :O

Nevertheless, please have fun and enjoy! c:

[_x_]

Once again, the gang uses Prez to travel over to Iroh's cafe. This time they are certain they will meet you there, yet upon arriving at the establishment, they are greeted by Zaheer and Iroh I's guilty faces.

"What's the matter? Is she here?" Korra pesters as she scans the cottage for your personage.

Zaheer eyes Iroh I before giving a vague account. "There was a slight... error."

Iroh II narrows his eyes, anger fuming in his optics. As much as he tamed his hotheaded nature over the years, the thought of just barely missing you stirs the deepest depths of his heart. "Don't tell me you were here having TEA and she bumped into you."

It's clearly a rhetorical question, much is already ascertained from your lack of attendance. All Zaheer can do now is explain himself. "I was going over the different locations she frequents in case you didn't find her. It appears that this man has interacted with her almost daily."

Iroh II storms up to Zaheer, his fist ready to greet the man's face, but his great-uncle speaks up with his guiding wisdom. "Instead of focusing on the negative, it is beneficial to view the positive in our mistakes. Now we know that she is headed for her home where she feels the safest. She cannot run from there, and it is a guarantee that you will see her."

"Yes, but it was a rather thoughtless move to invite [Name]'s enemy here when you know she might visit," Tonraq adds.

"Haha, maybe foolish on the surface but brilliant in the result!" Iroh I chuckles to himself as he pours himself another cup of tea.

[__]

The atmosphere is heavy with burden and solitude. The grey tones of the environment add to the somber ambient as not a whisper can break through the depressing silence of death. Not a smell can permeate through, and the fog disables any concrete sight.

The group walks hand-in-hand in hopes of keeping near each other. For Tenzin, it reminds him of that time when his siblings and he got lost finding Jinora in the Fog of Lost Souls, but these tones are darker in nature. He can only see the never-ending crater and the faces of his companions, but he suffocates under the weight of the burial grounds.

It took a day's journey to get here, and they arrive with tired but resolved expressions. As they all stand at the tip of the cliff, they wonder how to call upon these spirits. However, their presence has already been detected by the ancient creatures as one floats up from the depths of the crater to greet them.

"Why. have. you. come. here. humans.?"

Iroh steps up, his gaze as always determined as he stares directly at the Lion Turtle's eyes. "We are here to speak to Hammy and bring back [Name] to our world!"

Silence follows and all await the Lion Turtle's response. It feels as if all are under its scrutiny, analyzed from their hair follicle to their toe nails. Suffocating as the quiet is, they await eagerly for confirmation of your presence.

"Iroh. Haku. Tonraq. Tenzin.." The Lion Turtle lists their names in its slow methodical voice. "Welcome.."

Their first reaction is confusion. How could a Lion Turtle know their names? They have been far removed from humans for centuries and only live in reclusion. But then they remember your tie to them and Iroh speaks with certainty. "Hammy, you have her, don't you?"