『agreeable relations

After another long day of campaigning to fill out the festival stalls, you find your body and mind worn out. A deep sigh escapes your mouth after every minute until you finally make it back to your igloo. 

"I'm back," you call out, your voice echoing throughout the tiny abode.

You hear grunts and moans in response, halting your travels towards your room. Tension seeps from the small living room of the igloo and it invites you to participate. Your gaze slides over to the three boys, who each occupy a chair at the quaint dining table. 

"... What happened?" you question in a suspicious tone. 

Iroh breaks from his sullen trance to offer a small smile. "[Name], how was your day?"

"It was successful," you narrow your eyes, "but what happened?"

Iroh sends a nervous look to the other two in an attempt to bait an answer out of them. More nervous glances are exchanged until you clear your throat. Of course, the one with the most maturity answers, albeit in a frightful manner. 

"We are talking to the world leaders tomorrow."

"World leaders? I thought just some diplomats from the Northern Water Tribe are coming," you ask as you lower yourself into one of the chairs.

Haku shakes his head. "That's just it! My father has been chosen as the moderator for the discussions. Tonraq's father is going because Avatar Aang will be present, and it would look bad if the Avatar is not met with the head of the Northern Water Tribe... and then Fire Lord Izumi is insistent in offering her naval ships for supply trips for the festival which means the General is coming too."

"But we didn't ask the Fire Lord to do that..." you mention as you eye Iroh.

"Well," Iroh begins, "my parents know I'm here."

Your eyes widen. It appears the situation is far graver than you had ever imagined. Instead of a somewhat cordial discussion with some random diplomats, there will not be a World Leaders Summit at the Southern Water Tribe. "How'd she find out?"

"Someone mentioned it in Republic City in their one of their meetings," Haku explains. "It might have been Aang or his son."

You reach out to grab hold of Iroh's shoulder to massage it. The action eases the boy slightly, but you can still feel the stubborn tension. "Do you guys have to go?" you ask softly.

They all exchange more looks. Iroh then leans into your touch as he speaks, "It seems that they won't attend unless their children are present... the festival won't happen either if we don't go as they will go out of their way to stop this festival from happening."

"All our hard work," you whisper.

Iroh frowns at your worries. "We aren't thinking of missing it, but this might mean we would have to return home after the meeting."

Your heart drops and you now understand their turmoils. Not much can be said to lighten the mood as they find themselves stuck between the needs of others and their wants. But they know this life better than anyone and accept that self-sacrificing cycle.

'So this is how royalty must act...'

You shoot out of your chair with determination, your hands slamming hard against the table. "I'm attending too!"

"Can you?" Iroh's inquiry touches more on your capability of attending rather than it being a plea for help. 

"Of course, I'm the project manager. It is my duty to oversee all important meetings to keep track of things." You send them a confident smirk. "Plus, no one can outsmart me."

"They have more power than you," Tonraq quips.

You aren't fazed, your smirk growing wider. "Nothing is more powerful than knowledge!"

Your contagious optimism infects the room with its warmth. It spreads like wildfire and the tension dissipates from it. Smiles replace their gloomy expressions as they accept your attendance to their fated meeting.

Iroh's fingers snake over to yours, and once they have hold of your hand, he softly yanks you down to plant his lips onto yours. The sudden kiss causes your heart to malfunction and your body limp; you unconsciously stumble onto his lap which allows him to deepen the kiss and hold your body tightly.

"So indecent," Haku shakes his head.

"Very," Tonraq agrees as he begins to stand. "I'm going to shower."

"And not chaperone their kiss?!" Haku gasps.

"You want to watch?" Tonraq shrugs.

"NOPE!" Haku exclaims as he rushes out the living room and into one of the rooms.

Out of breath, you two end the kiss and slowly pull apart. Iroh places a few more soft kisses as he ponders on whether he's had his fill of you. You don't fight, your mind in a daze. It isn't until you hear a chirp that your stare slides over to Hammy, who stands there on the table with a face filled with disapproval.

Iroh's hold on your form lessens as he realizes his time is up. "Uh... You think he'll hurt me if I continue?"

"Oh, definitely. It's happened many times before," you laugh as you begin to get off his lap in hopes of securing his safety from Hammy.

[___]

A/N: Why not another chapter? I've been withholding them cause 1. i dont have time to edit sometimes but mostly 2. i don't know how to write the climax of this arc and im just really trying to flesh it out so i can work off of something... Hope you guys are excited for the next chapter! It's really fun and dramatic and hella cracky. CAUSE THAT'S WHO I AM.

(please excuse any typos, my eyes are a bit dry so im having a hard time viewing the screen)