『experience this love

You stare at the portal, your body frozen with fear. Long have you yearned to be here in this very spot with the ability to leave. Now that you have the choice, you can't help but wonder what drawbacks from living so long in the spirit world awaits you once you take that step.

"It's okay, take your time," Iroh whispers gently as he places his palm on your back. The rest of the group wait diligently by your side as they had decided that you will be the first to walk through the portal. Many await on the other side since Jinora communicated to the others during her meditation that you were on your way home.

Anxiety is next to plague you. What if no one recognizes? What can you eat? What if you no longer have a place to belong to? What can you eat? Where will you go? What can you eat? What will you do? What can you eat?

Will you really be okay? You already have a stable life living here, why shake that up?

Also, what can you eat because you are starving.

The feel of Iroh's warmth on your back dissipates all your worries. It's your answer to everything-  your need to return, where you belong, your role in the world, and what you will do. You will be by his side, you will do what you can to bring Spiritbending to this world, and you will once again be the bridge for the Avatar to make their dreams a reality.

You did this for Avatar Aang in his dream of Republic City, and you will perform this responsibility now for Avatar Korra.

You can do this. You will do this. After all, you are [Name]!

Your hand extends forward and you begin to advance towards the portal. A different warmth envelops your body, guiding you kindly through the two worlds. Hope mixed with excitement fills your heart and suddenly the bright sky of the human world greets you. The colors are not as comically bright as it was on the other side, but it's the environment you grew up with that always brings a semblance of comfort.

It takes a few seconds for your companions to make it through, and as they each return one by one, you begin to notice a group forming in front of you. It's a blend of familiar and unfamiliar faces but they stare at your group with large smiles.

Before you can utter a word, the transition finally rears its fangs and slices into your constitution. Your body falters then slumps with fatigue. Thankfully, Iroh is there to hold you tight, keeping you upright despite his worried stare.

"Come, we will take you to the hospital," Iroh states. "Should I carry you?"

You want to decline but your legs feel like putty. As soon as you nod your head, Iroh attempts to scoop you but your glare changes his mind. Instead, he opts to carry you on his back which gives you a comfortable view of the people surrounding you.

Two boys and a girl are the first to sprint over to greet you, but they appear more interested in speaking to Korra.

"KORRA! YOU'RE BACK!" This boy embraces the girl, placing her in a stronghold as he twirls around with her.

"Boilin!" Her grin is wide with glee that you can't help but wonder what her affiliation is with him. 

You inch forward to whisper into Iroh's ear, "Boyfriend?"

Iroh shakes his head, and you let out a 'humph'. The following boy steps forward to give her a soft hug. Despite it's lack of strength, you can still feel the intense emotion from it.

"I'm back, Mako," Korra smiles.

This time, you are sure of their bond and again whisper to Iroh, "Boyfriend?"

And once more, he shakes his head.

Before you can express disappointment, Korra exclaims another person's name. "Asami!" She initiates the hug, wrapping the  girl tightly as the other reciprocates the elation.