『a cave filled with love

A/N: Now I'm back with updates again! Guys... something might happen next chapter and I don't think you're ready for it. I'm not ready for it either. Anyways, the group is finally all filled up. We got four people and two pets, both with adorable nicknames. Time to do a bit of adventuring and then plot. Enjoy! c:

[x]

Despite the infamy the unagis possess, your unagi holds no ill behavior if fed correctly. In actuality, Prez (short for President of the Republic of Vegetarianism) is quite a shy creature with a heart of gold. 

As it slithers down the deep rivers of the Earth Kingdom, it quite often finds gifts to present to you. It feeds your group with a plethora of fish; treasures that lay scattered on the river floor are now dug up and gifted to you. It feels as if you have the sea's king under your possession, aiding your journey quite a bit.

Alas, your group finally makes it to the outskirts of Omashu, and as much as you'd like to continue onwards to the sea and towards the Southern Water Tribe, the group prefers to stick around and tour Omashu. It leaves Prez to sit around the bay and wait for your return. 

"Behave, okay?" Your voice shakes with emotion at the thought of leaving this poor creature. "I promise I'll be back in two days."

Prez coos, a lonely look on its face as it watches you begin to depart. "I never thought this group would get attached to an unagi," Tonraq chuckles as he crosses his arms. He glances over to get a laugh from the other two boys, but he notices that both of them have tears lining their cheeks.

"Prez, please be safe," Haku heaves out. The unagi furiously nods his head as he coos out his response. 

"Good boy, Prez!" Iroh cries out.

The unagi holds still as it watches the group depart. The tearful goodbyes are too much to bear, and you let out a choked sob. "We have to tour the cave and Omashu fast, guys."

"Understood!" Haku exclaims.

[___]

Just as Prince Fudo had mentioned, the checkpoint to enter Omashu is riddled with guards who are checking passports left and right. It proves a difficult barrier, but thankfully the cave is on an off path to the left. You guys don't bother with the checkpoint and head for the cave.

"It says that there are tours here once a day," Haku reads the sign situated at the entrance. 

"Wait, they made this into a tourist spot?" you laugh while reading the sign.

"Alright, folks! Lunchtime is over and it's time to head back inside the cave for the tunnel fun facts segment!" someone exclaims. You notice a small group with their tour guide about to venture into the caverns once more, and your group quickly tries to integrate into it. "Hold on, who are you guys?" the tour guide eyes you four suspiciously.

"Tourists?" you smile sheepishly. 

"Where are your tickets?" he presses on.

Iroh thinks fast and takes out a heavy bag of gold coins. "Would this cover the costs?"

The man doesn't put up much of a fight and graciously accepts the offer. "Alllright, let's get on with it, folks!"

"How princely of you," comes your sarcastic reply as you rub your shoulder against Iroh's. The boy freezes up at the contact while you hurry inside the cave.

"Ease up, Iroh," Tonraq whispers in his ear as he too disappears into the cave.

The boy takes Tonraq's advice and tries to release his tension through deep breathing. Once he establishes normalcy, he ventures inside the cave to see most of it reconstructed to appeal to the tourists. There are placards of information decorating the area as well as lightning and wooden structures to give the cave roof stability.

"Read the posted signs and immerse yourself in THIS SORROWFUL LOVE!"

As dramatic as it sounds, everyone shrugs and disperses to read at their own pace. Of course, you take the chance to invest yourself into the story, all while Iroh stares at your form. He watches as you analyze each placard, reading and internalizing its contents. Your face contorts to each line of information, acting as if the signs were reading you a story when in fact you are the reader and not the listener. As always, he finds it endearing and he can't pull his gaze away from you.

An hour passes and your group is at the end of the tour. The tour could have gone on longer, but the other half of the cave is still yet to be fully explored. There's a 'keep out' sign that blocks people from entering the forbidden section, and the tour guide stands in front of it as he supervises the group.

"How long does it take to form more cave tunnels?" you question the tour guide.

"Don't you have questions about the story, little miss?"

You frown, "I don't need any explaining there."

"Haha... I see... Well, our earthbenders worked with the badgermoles under Toph Beifong's presence to create stable tunnels, but recently the badgermoles lost interest and are off creating whatever they'd like. They're kind enough to leave this section alone though," he explains.

"INTERESTING! Do you think we'll find any badgermoles?" you gasp.

"No."

His curt answer leaves you unsatisfied and you pout. As you cross your arms, the ground beneath you rumbles and your first instinct is to gaze up at the ceiling. A debris of pebbles fall onto your face, and you realize the fault line in the ceiling.

"Move!" you gasp out while grabbing the tour guide. The man is frozen in his spot and doesn't budge an inch, even though you're trying to pull him to safety. However, your strength fails you and you quickly move behind him to push the guy instead. He topples over, but now you have the ceiling falling on top of you.

"[Name]!" Iroh yells as he propels himself forward with his fire, pushing you into the blocked passageway. You both roll into the safety of the unfinished tunnel, but the path to the outside is now blocked by the rocky debris.

"Looks like we're trapped," you sigh.