『a tea shop

A/N: I wanted to write out some fights, but I'll get that chance in the next arc. Right now, let's have the adults handle this. SPECIAL CHARACTER ALERT. If you haven't read the Unpredictable Fire Queen, you won't know this character. Aaaaand some drama coming your way *pew pew*

Enjoy! <3

[____]

"Iroh, take my dragon out of here," Fire Lord Zuko shouts. "I'll get your belongings to you."

"But where do we go?" you question. 

"He'll take you to a safe place."

"But I can help you!" Iroh cries out as he begins to step forward. His movements, however, show that his body is resisting the urge to rush in, as if he's glued to the spot beside you. 

Zuko raises his hand to halt Iroh from approaching him. "No. You cannot help with this man. Take your group to safety," he demands before heading in the direction of Avatar Aang's fight. 

Iroh watches as Fire Lord Zuko travels farther away from him until he's disappeared into the woods again. You tug at Iroh's sleeve to gain his attention. "As much as I want to help, we don't have that power just yet."

It takes seconds for Iroh to reason with himself. He turns to face his group, who all stare at him with expectant gazes. Then he comes to a realization. 

He's the leader of this group, and his duty is to lead you guys to safety.

"Sorry. Let's go find his dragon."

[____]

It takes an hour to find a tea shop nestled in the Earth Kingdom forest. As much as you want to be in awe of the dragon you rode, you're far too tired to show any emotion. There are a few tables scattered on the pavilion of the shop, where a few elderly people occupy the chairs.

When they take notice of your arrival, they stand at first surprised, then in recognition. "I'll go get the owner!" one of them says as they rush into the shop. In less than a minute, a taller man comes forth, dressed in loose-fitting Earth Kingdom garbs. He wears his hair in a short low ponytail and somewhat resembles Fire Lord Zuko.

"Iroh, there you are," the man gasps. 

"Uncle Fudo," he breathes out. He gazes down at his feet as he prepares himself for a lecture, but at the feel of a fierce embrace, he tenses.

'Fudo? Isn't that the name of the ex-Fire Lord's son?' you think to yourself.

"My sister has been worried sick, but I heard from father that you were okay," he explains. He separates himself from Iroh and pats the boy's head. "Let's settle you guys in."

You watch closely and follow as the man named Fudo leads you guys into the tea shop. You analyze each person you see, noticing their white and blue garbs. 'White Lotus members...'

"Oh look, they found Iroh," one of them states. 

"He's a lot rougher looking, must be from his disappearance," another one chimes in. 

Slowly, you take in every piece of information. Your brain processes it, churning the data and piecing everything together until you can finally make one coherent thought. 

You guys arrive at the back of the tea shop which is blocked off from the public. There are approximately three rooms and a living area, quaint but liveable. "Iroh can stay in my bedroom. I'll have the girl stay in my spare room. You two can stay on the couches here. There's only one bathroom, so you'll have to share."

"We greatly appreciate your hospitality," Haku bows deeply at the man while Tonraq does the same.

You stand there still analyzing, silent but focused. The man notices your intense stare and smiles kindly at you. "You look hurt, I'll have someone look at your injury."

You ignore his concern and continue to take in everything. Iroh notices your state and walks up to you. "[Name]?"

In quick succession, flashbacks begin to wrack your head.

A flashback from today's fight. "GRAMPS!!"

A flashback from your first campfire with Iroh. "I'm... the prince of the Fire Nation."

A flashback from when you first met this man. "Uncle Fudo."

"[Name]?" he calls your name again, and you finally finish piecing everything together.

"You're... the Prince of the Fire Nation. Aren't you, Iroh the Second?"