『 a faulty escape plan

With all your gear packed and ready to go, you give your group one final look. "Get ready to run to where Prez is," you instruct. They all give you a nod, and once you open the igloo curtain, everyone bolts out and heads to the destination.

The howling winds of the arctic silences the rapid crunching of snow beneath your feet. The city sleeps soundly in peace, rendering it the perfect time for your escape. Certain guards roam the area, but none notice the group's travels, their attention focused solely on the mountains in the opposite direction.

As predicted, you find Tenzin meditating near the water. His eyes are sealed, but you know he has detected some disturbance in the winds judging from how the space between his eyebrows crease. The group forms a circle formation around the man, and it's then he opens his eyes.

"Just what in the heavens are you guys doing?" he asks slowly. He begins standing, his gaze fixated on mainly you. He doesn't trust you and you are well aware of it.

"I was wondering if you've seen Prez anywhere?" you question with a smile.

His eyes peer around the area, "I'm guessing that's the unagi you brought with you." Your smile widens. "He's asleep right now since the guards just finished feeding him."

"Oh, perfect! So they fed him already," you sigh with relief.

"Why does it matter?" Tenzin narrows his eyes.

"UM TENZIN?" Haku shouts, forcing the man to turn to face him. He gives Haku an incredulous look and WHACK.

"O-Ow, what...why did you hit me?!" Tenzin gasps as he hold his neck in pain. "What are you guys up to??"

The group now glances at you for answers. "Haha... I read that if I hit you in that particular spot, you'd faint."

"Why do you need me to faint?"

"Cause you're a tattletale, Tentacles."

"I mean, you've been sufficiently rude to me and now you're attacking me. I think I need to tell the leaders... Wait, you're trying to escape again, aren't you?"

"Bingo, and you're coming with us," you smirk.

"Why should I?"

"Cause we want to see one of the Air Temples, and you're the perfect guy to show us around. Please! Your dad said you're part of the group now so we have to take you."

"That's preposterous. I'm not going." He crosses his arms, standing firm.

"You think I want a guy named Tentacles in my group? Believe me, the feeling is mutual," you scoff.

"For the LAST time, my name isn't—" WHACK "—OW!"

Tenzin turns to face Iroh, who smiles sheepishly at the man. "Oops?"

"That's it!!" Tenzin shouts as he hops into a lighter position. He's poised to airbend which could only lead to a failed mission.

WHACK

This time he falls unconscious at the feet of Tonraq. He doesn't seem pleased at what he has done as shown by his deep frown.  The group stares down at the lifeless body, making sure that the unconscious state stays. After a minute of staring, the group looks up at each other.

"Looks like third's time the charm," you hum as if this was all part of your plan.

Tonraq shakes his head, "Just get the rope and let's head out of here."

[———]
A/N: I'm doing this on my phone since I haven't been able to log in as much on my computer. I'm slowly doing better, but every day is a new challenge in itself. I guess that's life just saying, welcome to adulthood! Not to say that when younger we don't have problems but now it's like, I only have myself to figure these things out. Anyways... I hate talking about my problems but honestly you guys have been so kind and just the best in being encouraging. It makes me so determined to come back to writing each time I read just one nice comment. I can't truly express my gratitude for your lovely comments. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much love ❤️ And I hope you enjoyed the chapter.