『rendered to adapt

A/N: I was going to post this a week ago, but the ONE time I was able to sit down and edit the chapter, Watty was down for maintenance. It was such bad timing. Anyways, time to do more exploring with the gang and we finally catch up with the reader c:

Thank you so much for the enthusiasm with the story. As always, the last chapters are the hardest to write for me as I try to tie everything together. Your comments and likes help tremendously and I cannot thank you enough. 

Enjoy!

[x]

Prez... This is a library, not a forest," Iroh II comments.

The group stands in disbelief at they stare at the grandeur of the library. Iroh I had ushered them not long ago onto the unagi to find you, yet he did not state what destination awaited them. A mixture of fear and curiosity harkens the group to remain still as they ponder on their next move.

Yet Iroh II glares at the unagi. "You were supposed to take us to [Name]."

Jinora tries to suffocate the timid feeling in her chest as she speaks up, "Well... Maybe he did take us to where he last saw her."

Iroh pauses then narrows his eyes more at the unagi, who continues to nuzzle him. Long has he used Prez as his stout companion during his time in the army. It was an obscure advantage none had. Through his adulthood, they formed a tight bond that the unagi's death pained Iroh greatly. Thankfully, his passing was due to old age.

Yet as much as he feels a undiluted joy at the sight of Prez, he still ponders on whether he was taken to the right place.

"You better be correct about this," Iroh warns as he pets the unagi gently.

"I just worry," Jinora mumbles, "if we will be chased out once we get in. Last time I was here, Wan Shi Tong captured and handed me over to Unalaq."

Tenzin strokes his beard. "Jinora is right. The deity that protects this library despises humans so much that I cannot imagine him allowing [Name] inside."

The thought is certainly concerning and causes the group to ponder. Tonraq crosses his arms as he states his logic. "But Prez brought us here, and I recall Haku stating that [Name] visited him in a dream and mentioned a library. It has to be this one."

Haku nods his head, chuckling at the thought of you. "And if we are to find her, it would always be in a library."

It appears as if the group has decided and march forth, ready to face any deterrent. As each person enters, the sounds of wings flapping grow stronger in volume. They know who travels in hopes of greeting them, they know the fight that may ensue.

When Wan Shi Tong appears and stations himself at the center, everyone's bodies becomes rigid with alert. Korra steps forward, her brazen and confident attitude as fierce as ever. "Hello, we are looking for someone that may be reading here. I'm Avatar Korra and these are my companions."

The owl glosses over the Avatar and narrows his vision on Jinora. "I see you have returned, girl."

As much as Jinora holds a fragment of fear in her heart, she cannot stand the sight of the owl's hubris. "You helped Unalaq become a giant force of evil!" Jinora shouts while pointing at him. "You entrapped me and helped that evil man!"

Everyone gawks at the girl's anger, but what surprises all the most is how Wan Shi Tong accepts the scorn. "And now I've learned not to trust any humans," he responds. "Never again. No human can enter, and I will never help the Avatar either."

"But we were told that someone we know is here," Iroh interjects. "They go by [Name] and we are sure she frequents this place a lot."

The owl steps forward to hover over the group. "I said: No. Humans. Allowed. Besides," he returns to his normal position, "no human of that name visits my library. No other human has been allowed here ever since Unalaq."