『a bargain

"Since you guys are guests, please feel free to stay in the unoccupied igloo we have," Sokka states after having recovered from his little tiff with Iroh. He now dons his metaphorical chief hat and performs as stoically as he can. "I'll have someone escort you guys and help get you settled."

"We thank you for your hospitality," Haku bows slightly. 

"It's the least we can do for the Fire Nation's prince, the Northern Water Tribe's prince, and Haku's grandson... and of course, this intelligent woman here," Sokka motions at you and you offer a grand smile. "To be honest, I heard a bit about your group from Aang. I didn't know that you guys were headed this way."

"We'd appreciate anonymity if possible," Haku smiles sheepishly. "We don't want to continue our journey inhibited by our titles."

Sokka nods his head in understanding. "I see. You do understand that as Chief of the Southern Water Tribe I am more inclined to divulge the whereabouts of the world leaders' children."

The mood around the four of you instantly drops and Sokka notices your absolute agony.

"But, I guess I can keep it to myself if Aang and Zuko approved of it," Sokka shrugs, earning the relieved smiles of the group. "I do ask for one thing though."

"Anything," Tonraq breathes out quickly.

Sokka heads over to his desk and pulls out a folder to hand to Tonraq. He gestures him to share with the group, to which he does as you guys huddle around the folder. "I'm trying to revamp a festival we hold here each year."

"The Glacier Spirits Festival?" you gasp.

Sokka nods his head once. "Right. The traditions of it are so archaic and it doesn't do much to instill a uniformity of the tribes. If we are trying to make the spirits happy, I think the best way is to celebrate alongside them."

"I never pegged you to be a spiritual person," Iroh spits out. You elbow the boy while Sokka gives him a side-eye. 

"Well... I had a lot of conversations about it with THE AVATAR and he gave that suggestion. So I was thinking, let's have this time for the Southern and Northern tribes to come together and have fun in the name of spirits."

"And you want us to help how?" Tonraq asks.

"Help plan and put everything together. I have a lot of work at Republic City and managing our already poor relations with the Northern Water Tribe. I think you four will be perfect," Sokka explains. "I'm just taking advantage of the coincidence of having you guys at my doorstep."

You take over in viewing the folder and going over the blueprints. "Uhh the arithmetic behind the budget is wrong..."

"I wasn't exactly the greatest at math," Sokka purses his lips. "Is that what you seriously have to say to my entire plan?"

You ignore his question as you continue analyzing each sheet of parchment. When you finish, you glance up at Sokka. "It's very intricate and just a little inconsistent... but I've never planned a festival before."

"Me neither," Iroh hums. "Sounds like it's a lot of work but kinda fun."

You gaze at the others, who appear invested already. "I think we'll take the deal."

Sokka smiles, "Great. I'll make sure you get all the help you need. I think my niece and nephew can help as well, so utilize them as best you can."

"Roger that!" you exclaim. 

[____]

A/N: First of all, I want to thank you guys for checking out my Mako story. I didn't expect as many comments as it got, but I'm so incredibly happy. You guys are seriously the best... and so to honor you beautiful readers, I'll get started on writing for it. It won't have an update schedule like this story since I still have tons of other ongoing projects. But don't worry it's on the schedule now!

I hope you enjoyed a bit of this chapter, it's just to keep the plot going but I promise more appearances from known characters and fun family drama >:3