TEST TIME

" A QUIRK ASSESSMENT TEST?!"

" What about orientation? Won't we miss it?" Uraraka asked solemnly.

" If you really wanna make the big Leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies. Rational students would understand that." Their teacher replied. A bit of the class gasped, slightly taken aback. Their teacher's back faced them, hiding his face and any expression that could make them shit their pants.

" Here at UA, we're not bound to traditions. Thus, I run my class how I see fit." Aizawa said, looking back at them. Kaori had guessed, even knew, this year would be somewhat like hell or prison, but with her dad as their teacher? Hell was mediocre talk. They're were going to Satan's amusement park where you can just drown your dreams in Satan's tears.

" You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives, but you never had the chance to do them with your quirks in physical exams." Aizawa said, showing them a small screen, their middle school scores written down the screen.

" The country is trying to pretend we're all equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It isn't rational. One day the Ministry of Education will learn. Eventually...," Aizawa trailed off, taking a moment to let them sink that in. " Bakugou; you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance throw with a softball?"

" 67 meters, I think." Bakugou said. Kaori raised an eyebrow, curious as to what his distance would be if he used his quirk in advance. With his fiery personality and classic rebel-boy aura, he's sure to have something flashy and loud. Maybe a rabid dog quirk. Kaori mentally chuckled at her own joke, amusement written behind her stoic expression.

" Right; now try it with your quirk." Aizawa said, tossing a baseball towards Bakugou as he stepped up. Bakugou caught it simultaneously as he walked to the instructed circle. Most of the class, Aizawa following suit.

" Anything is allowed, just make sure you stay in the circle. Go on, you're wasting our time." Aizawa said. Bakugou looked at him as he stretched, ball in hand.

" All right, man, you asked for it." Bakugou said. As the explosive boy warmed up, Kaori watched closely, arms crossed, interested to see what he could do.

" So~think he'll pass it?" The pink haired girl from earlier asked, trying to spark a conversation.

" It all depends on how good he actually is rather than what he believes." She said, tapping her fingers against her arm as she narrowed her eyes at Bakugou.

" Pretty reasonable. I'm Mina Ashido! Shimura, right?" The girl asked. She nodded, still watching as the loud blonde reared his arm back. The ball suddenly shot off into the sky, a trail of explosions and air rings following. Kaori's eyes followed as the softball flew into the air.

" All of you need to know your maximum capabilities," Aizawa said, looking at the small, softball tracker as it beeped. " It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." He turned to face the rest of the class, showing them Bakugou's score. 705.2 meters.

" I wanna go! That looks like fun!" Mina said.

" So this looks fun, hm? You have a maximum of three years to become a hero and you think it's just going to be fun games and play time?" Aizawa asked.

" Idiots."

" Today, you'll compete in eight physical tests to measure your potential. Who ever comes in last will have none and will face immediate expulsion." Aizawa said. The class gasped as few, including Kaori, kept a neutral expression. Her father would most definitely expel students, but a whole class? On the first day? Would and could. Fully possible.