Kaori Shimura FALLING

" Shimura has vanished from the lobby!"

So she had. At the appearence of the super-human zombie creatures Kaori's thoughts were derailed from her steady train and she found herself running in the opposite directions of the other heroes evacuating patients. A little spark in the back of her head seemed to tap away at her conciousness of the outside world; all she could feel, think, breathe about was her Brother. Locked away below the hospital where Mirko would confront the doctor. Kaori knew it very well since the meeting, the message lay a heavy tension on the room. They had to be sure Tenko wouldn't awake outside the morgue-

'LIVES FOR A LIFE'

Kaori's feet came to a halt, the heroes carrying patients paying no attention to her abrupt stop. Kaori felt a heavy weight in her heart, something that said the intrusive thought was in fact so cruel and apparent to her. She glanced at the ground in confusion, stretching her fingers slowly as she collected all the boiling feelings inside. Acting too resentful and loose would make her as dangerous as a villain, what she needed to be then was a hero for her brother, a savior for her family.

Kaori's breathing seemed to even out as she thought of a peaceful future, where everybody could understand because it was her. It was her brother, her long lost family. They could forgive him because it was her. Tenko would live with them, eat with them, talk with them. He'd be as gentle with Eri as he was with her. He could be interested in playing video games with Shinsou, cooking with Bakugou. 

Everybody has to forgive him. Once they learn, they'll accept our family.

Kaori continued on, running at a normal pace with lifted hopes. She evaluated the walls for some sort of sign before feeling a rush of heat surface the area. Skidding to a stop, she realized her Fathers and Endeavor were around the corner, fending off Nomu. Locklock approached the hall where she'd been hiding. Pressing her back flat up against the surface, she watched the Hero open a secret passage, turning towards the other Heroes down the hall. Now's my chance! Without a second to lose her finger-tips pressed together, a shiver of excitement passing through her as she raced through the entryway, evading Locklock's gaze.

Returning to a normal pace, she chose a different hall to race down, figuring it wiser to stay away from the main hall. Too much risk of being seen by the Heroes. Kaori was moving left and right at impresive speeds, even without her Quirk. Every twist and turn had a longer hall and Kaori could feel herself getting turned around, even when she could hear people fighting from afar. Kaori lingered there for a moment, hesitating as andrenaline coursed through her veins. If she wasn't fast she'd be caught by Aizawa or Endeavor, but if she wasn't careful she'd end up in the path of a Nomu. Both outcomes weren't exactly desirable and put her one step back from finding Tenko. 

Allow me-

" What--"

Kaori

Turning around, she couldn't place the voice to a person, the empty halls echoing the strange world within her concious. Going crazy wasn't an option at the moment but it felt all the more right to trust the entity in her head. 

Her consious reaked of promise and promise had become forebidden to Kaori but she could trust herself, couldn't she? She'd made it this far as the Omen Vigilante, a Hero; what about it wasn't to trust? 

Naive, she was. 

It was the other way around; the consious didn't trust her. 

It couldn't trust Kaori wouldn't become sentimental and fall into line with the other heroes-in-training. Or corrupt herself with her obsession for a perfect family, with Tenko and Aizawa and Eri and Shinsou and Yamada. The only grey area for Kaori was the consious, the entity that kept her at insanity's shore, letting only the littlest of waves cripple Kaori.