A FEW NEW FRIENDS

Class 1A had finished their afternoon classes, now waiting for their classmate, Midoriya, to come back from recovery. As the class was distracted by their own conversations, Kaori slipped out silently. She walked down the hall, heading towards the teacher's lounge. She knocked on the door, not wanting to barge in. The door slid open, revealing her favorite aunt, Midnight.

" Kaori, sweetie! Come on in, I've been meaning to ask you so many questions!" Midnight said enthusiastically, dragging her in. The door shut behind her and she was sat on the couch. Midnight plopped herself down next to her, starring at her with starry eyes.

" SO?! HOW WAS YOUR FIRST DAY! DID YOU MEET ANY CUTE BOYS?! DID THEY ASK YOU OUT?!" Midnight gushed.

" No. It's only the second day of school, Auntie. I really don't plan to meet any cute boys or go out with them." Kaori said.

" No boy is good enough for my daughter!" She heard Aizawa say from the other room.

" That's another reason why." She said, forming her lips into a tight line.

" So your last name isn't Shimura...?" She heard someone ask. She looked past Midnight, seeing an old, skeleton version of All Might. Aizawa had told her about All Might's weak and strong form, but she hadn't had the chance to actually see him.

" Actually, it is. Shimura was my last name before my Dad adopted me when I was 2. You did well today as a teacher, All Might." She said, standing up and holding out her hand. He smiled, shaking it kindly.

" Thanks, Shimura. To be honest, I thought I was flunking." He said.

" Don't worry, you'll learn. You can just call me Kaori by the way." She said, retracting her hand. He smiled, giving a thumbs up.

All Might's P.O.V

I sat in the teacher's lounge, drinking a cup of tea Nezu had suggested. I should've stopped that fight. Now Young Midoriya's in Recovery Girl's office, passed out.

" OH, KAORI SWEETIE! Come on in, I've been meaning to ask you so many questions!" I heard Midnight say. Kaori? As in....Kaori Shimura? At first I thought it might be just a coincidence they had the same last name, but after seeing what Kaori looked like, it reminded me so much of Master. Even the hairstyle was the same.

" No boy is good enough for my daughter!" Aizawa yelled from across the room. So...her last name isn't Shimura. Maybe I should just ask. It wouldn't be awkward, would it? I walked into the room, seeing her talking with Midnight.

" So, you're last name isn't Shimura...?" I asked, a little unsure. She looked past Midnight to me. That stare. Master used to stare like that whenever she was curious. Get your head together, Toshinori! Kaori stood up, walking over to me before holding out a hand.

" Actually, it is. Shimura was my last name before my Dad adopted me when I was 2. You did well today giving the class encouragement, All Might." She said, standing up and holding out her hand to me. I smiled, shaking it.

" Thanks, Shimura. To be honest, I thought I was flunking.." I said. Wow. This must be Master's granddaughter, she's much too young to be Master's daughter. I barely remember her even talking about her family. Kaori looked so much like her, well, except for the color of her eyes. But...she was adopted? For what reason? No, it isn't your business Toshi.

" Don't worry, you'll learn. You can just call me Kaori by the way." She said, retracting her hand. I smiled and holding up a thumbs up. She smiled a bit as well and I was rendered speechless. She had Master's smile, exactly. It almost scared me.