UA SPORTS FESTIVAL pt. 2

Kaori stood in her backyard, facing Mic. She had to train with him instead since her Dad was still in bandages. Mic was stretching, preparing himself to win. Kaori was cracking her knuckles, keeping a straight face as she worked out a strategy. Mic was a Quirk that allows him to fight long distance, meaning, he'll be keeping me at least a few feet away...

" Get ready..." Aizawa started. Even though he couldn't fight, he could still train her. However, like any other human, he only has a certain amount of oxygen he can uphold. She glanced at her surroundings. If I could bounce myself off that tree, land on the roof, and potentially land behind him, that should enable me enough time to touch him with at least one strike.

" Begin." 

 She put two fingers together from each hand, dodging a blast from Mic. She had to move quick in order to dodge the sound as well as tire him out. She grabbed onto one of the branches of the tree, settling her feet on the trunk. Below her hand glowed the normal light, enabling her to make the steady root wobbly. She put more force than she needed into her bounce, shooting for the roof. Mic's attacks followed her movements, moving behind. Wait a minute.....sound bounces off objects and because sound isn't a solid object....she ran across the roof, seeing Mic's eyes follow her movements. He'll be expecting me to go from behind, he knew it from the start. However....

" YYYYEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!" He started yelling, the sound headed straight for her. Instead of flipping back or dodging in general, she jumped off the roof, holding her hands out. Light emitted from them and the sound began to disperse into two different directions. Mic was obviously taken aback, not prepared for her quick thinking. She fell to the ground, swiping her foot under Mic's legs and pinning him to the ground. She breathed in and out, glaring for a moment before smiling. 

" I win." She said. 

" Woah, listener! How'd you do that?" Mic asked, stepping out of the bushes. 

" Think of what you learned in seventh grade science. Sound waves bounce off the surface of the canyon and make echos. She controled where the sound was being directed, seeing as it was being sent in one direction, and had it bounce off of her as it should've blasted into her." Aizawa explained.

" Exactly." She said. Mic mouthed her, scrunching up his face. Kaori smiled, climbing off of Mic. She helped him up, rolling her eyes as he continued to mock her. Aizawa smiled under the wraps, enjoying the moment before them. Kaori waved her hand to something Mic said, turning away from them. Mic glanced at him, giving him that look. Aizawa sighed heavily, unsure. 

We have to tell her.

Morning of the Festival

Kaori leaned against the wall, half asleep. Because her Dad was a teacher, she had to be there early early. As she was officially about to doze off, she felt someone shake her shoulders lightly. She opened her eyes a bit, seeing none other than Shoto Todoroki.

" Hey Shoto." She said, a little happier than usual. He looked up at her, seeming confuesed. He hadn't heard such a cheery tone from her, but, it was nice to hear her happy.

" You seem happier than normal. What happened?" Todoroki asked. 

" Oh, nothing." Kaori said, resuming her more relaxed and stoic posture. Why did I get so happy seeing him..? Am I sick? Todoroki nodded, taking a seat across from her at the small table. Eventually, the two sparked a conversation, talking quietly till everyone was inside the room. As the two were talking, Todoroki's attention turned to Midoriya. Before she could ask, Iida's voice interrupted her. 

" Everyone get your game faces on! We're about to enter the arena!" Iida said from the door. Todoroki walked away from her and towards Midoriya. She took this time and checked her belt to make sure she had everyone's puppets. Check. She was ready for this, she trained hard for this. With or without puppets. She could do this. She looked up, listening to Midoriya's speech. 

" -We're all going to have to fight to stand out. And I'll be aiming for the top, too." Midoriya said. Todoroki was quiet for a moment, then spoke calmly. 

" Fine." 

" HEY! MAKE SOME NOISE, YOU AWESOME SPORTS FANS! GET THOSE CAMERAS READY, MEDIA GUYS! THIS YEAR, WE"RE BRINGING YOU SOME OF THE TOP NOTCH PERFORMANCES IN SPORTS FESTIVAL HISTORY, GUARANTEED! I'VE ONLY GOT ONE QUESTION BEFORE WE START THIS SHOW, YO! ARE YOU READY!? LET ME HEAR YA SCREAM AS OUR STUDENTS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE MAIN STAGE!" 

With that, class 1A stepped out of the dark and into the sun of the stadium. This was there chance to prove themselves. To show the heroes what they could do. The crowd went wild and Kaori looked around the stadium. So many people. Only so many chances.

" Welcome back to the UA SPORTS FESTIVAL! Here is where up-and-coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for the chance to achieve worldwide fame and celebrity! This first group are no strangers to the spotlight! You know them for withstanding a villain attack; the dazzling students lighting up your TVs; THE HERO COURSE STUDENTS OF CLASS 1A!" Mic said from the Announcer's booth as they were walking up to the stage. 

" NOW WELCOME HERO COURSE, CLASS 1B!" Mic said after some time. Class 1B walked out and she glanced over at them, getting a glimpse of the competition.

" NEXT UP, GENERAL STUDIES, classes C, D, and E!" Mic said again, announcing Shinsou's group. Then there was the Support Course and the Business Classes. As all of the first years were now standing in the stadium, it was Midnight's turn to talk. 

" Now it's time for the introductory speech!" Midnight announced. And of course, most guys were fawning over her revealing suit. 

" Silence everyone! And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugou!" Midnight said. She glanced at Bakugou as he walked up to the podium, standing at the microphone. 

" I just wanna say....I'm gonna win." Bakugou said. She pinched the bridge of her nose sighing. 

" AND WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, IT'S TIME FOR US TO START!" Midnight said. " This is where you begin feeling the pain. The first fateful game of the festival! What could it be?" Midnight asked as a screen popped up, deciding who'd be first. It stopped and she read the sign carefully. An obstacle course. The trick test. This is where everybody would see each other's quirks and come up with a plan to beat them.

" All 11 classes will participate in the treacherous contest. The track is four kilometres around the outside of the stadium. I don't wanna restrain anyone, at least in this game. As long as you don't leave the course, you're free to do whatever your heart desires. Now then, take your places contestants. Everyone walked toward the entrance where they'd be released, ready to run into this festival,"

First light....................Second Light...........Third.

" BEGIN!"

and with that

let the Sports Festival Begin