A Sight To See

Kuromi Kurosawa walked the streets of a small city, blending in as a normal adult on any Saturday night. They were nearing the month of September, one of her favorite months. It was directly in the middle of the blazing Summer weather and the chilly winter breeze. Autumn. It was just right. She placed her hands in her pockets, closing her eyes lightly. This might've been the only peace she got for the next few weeks. The exasperated groan from beside her cut that few weeks to a few seconds. 

" Why are you walking so fast? Slow down, would you? The police aren't after us." Dabi's irritation had gotten the better of him, his muffled voice complaining about practically anything she did. Her gaze lowered to one of displeasure, sparring an unappreciated glance toward the male next to her. If she could, she would've told him to shut up with a few more insulting names toward him. She looked back ahead, rolling her eyes slowly. As her eyes made their way toward the sky, she caught a glimpse of a dark figure running atop the buildings by the grace of the street light. She stopped walking, looking overhead to the figure. She turned her body to follow the figure, noticing a hooded figure walking along the street. Her eyes narrowed, her body swiftly turning around as she started in that direction slowly. Dabi looked after her, a confused look plastered on his features before a groan emerged from under the mask he wore, his feet moving himself to follow. He leaned down to her height, looking at her determined eyes. 

" Yo, where do you think you're going?" Dabi asked. She stayed silent, watching as the slumped figure turned the corner, disappearing behind the building. She picked up her pace, taking out her hand slowly, beginning to cast an incantation. Dabi, catching sight of this, smirked from behind the mask, feeling his palms begin to warm. Finally, something exciting would happen on their small patrol. They turned the corner, following the man behind the building. She moved against the back of the wall, listening closely to the man's conversation. 

" You know where they are?" A distorted voice said. 

" I've been trackin' that Twice guy for the last two weeks, of course I do! They keep meetin' up in this abandoned factory, discussin' plans to overthrow Hero Society and shit like that. We get this to the Boss and we'll be bumped up the ranks!" A voice that sounded like he'd eaten a box of cigarettes spoke, an amused tone to it. Dabi pulled down his hood, lighting a blue flame in his palm. Before he could go anywhere, she held him back, still listening to the conversation. A thump was heard, the sound of grunts following. 

" Ay, we see ya! What you goin' to do, Hero?" Cigarette-voice asked, a deep chuckle following. The sound of grunts and yells came from the alley, as well as a few crashes from trash cans. Somebody was thrown to the wall across from them, their left eye covered in purple. He looked at them, a quiver leaving his voice. 

" H-help me, you idiots!" Cigarette-voice called out to them, reaching out a hand. Kuromi cast a spell over them, turning them invisible. He looked back at the alley beyond their view, lip quivering. Tears streamed from his eyes. 

" P-please! Don't kill me!" He said, beginning to stand as he backed against the wall. The figure appeared, a dark hood covering them. They picked the large man up effortlessly, keeping their index and pinky off the man. They looked around the alley, turning directly toward them.

" Where is the League." The voice demanded, looking back at the man. He shook his head, still shaking in fear. 

" Abandoned factory. 5 miles from here, right outside the city! Please, that's all I know! D-don't kill me, I'll give you money! 10 thousand yen! " Cigarette's offered, putting on a fake, crinkled smile. The Hero scoffed, dropping the man. They knelt down to the man on the ground. 

" Why are you a thug?" They asked. Cigarette's starred at them clueless, unable to speak. 

" Why are you a thug?" They repeated. He forced himself to speak, clutching his eyes shut. 

" I've got nothing else to do! I ain't good at anything that's gonna be worth it! I just live in my Momma's basement and sell things online, what else am I supposed to do?! At least I'm gettin' money for it, right?! I ONLY DO THIS BECAUSE I CAN'T DO ANYTHING USEFUL!!" They screamed at the hooded figure. 

" Damn, he's pathetic." Dabi complained. She quickly slapped her hand over his mouth, holding her breath. The Hero immediately turned in their direction, crimson eyes scanning the wall. A mask covered half their face as a hood was barely covering their eyes. They turned back to the man, holding out a hand. 

" C'mon, you look stupid crying there." The voice said. The man blinked, making a 'heh' sound. 

" STUPID?! YOU DUMB HERO! YOU'RE ALL SO-" The man tried, but in less than a second, the man was knocked out. The Hero dragged the man by the collar, walking back down the alley. After a few moments of rustling and thumps, the Hero dragged both of the thugs past them toward the street, tied by a rope. They looked around before tying the thugs to the lamp post, touching them with their pinky. They walked away, disappearing down the street. Kuromi let the spell fade, looking at Dabi with a glare. 

" What kind of Hero is that?" Dabi asked, walking out of the alley and looking down the street. Kuromi came up beside him, a small smirk etching at her face. She let it fade quickly. She walked out of the alley,  leaving Dabi to follow. She closed her eyes, humming as she put puzzle pieces together. She nodded to herself, content her conclusion. That Hero was...Kaori Shimura