Too Many Words From Such Tired People

Class 1a stood in one of the largest, as well as most crowded, room they'd ever been in. Filled to the brim with heroes-in-training, all ready to fight brutal for their licenses. Kaori stood confidently next to Uraraka and Mina, arms crossed tightly. An exasperated groan echoed through the room, catching their attention. They looked ahead of them.

" Okay, then! Let's do this exam thing. I'm from the...uh-...Heroes Public Safety Commission, name's Mera. My Circadian Rhythm is so screwed up....ah, man...." A tired looking, and sounding, man with hay-colored hair said, hanging his head as he tried to balance himself out. He...needs help. A lot of it. " I've been swamped lately, kids, and I haven't gotten much rest. We're so short staffed...I'm so tired." The man straightened himself out, preparing to speak again as he covered his face his hand.

" So, about the content of this license thing. Basically, 1540 examinees compete in a free-for-all exercise or whatever the hell we're calling it this year. We've got a lot of pros around, and since Stain was arrested, many people have expressed doubts about the status of heroes in society. However, when you really about it, getting paid makes sense," The man said, looking among the group of kids in front of him. That doesn't seem right. Heroes were just ordinary people who did amazing things for the greater good. They did them because it was a spur of the moment decision and they did what they could to help. People these days; they do something and then-

" -ask for a reward in return, hm? That's just the way the world works--god, I could use a coffee--anyway! Whether they're in it for compensation or out of a sense of duty, we've got too many heroes working together in the streets these days to keep villains at bay. Honestly, the time between when an incident begins and ends is ridiculously short. You're all here trying to receive your Provisional License, so you'll be swept up in this tiresome mess yourselves pretty soon." The man continued to monologue. Was that a pep-talk? I'd rather take a pep-talk from my therapist.

" For those of you who don't have the speed, frankly, just won't cut it. Which is why that's what you'll be tested on."

On the screen above the man's head, a bright reading of the number 100 was posted onto the board. Only the first 100 to pass? Out of roughly 1500 examinees? I thought they said about half of us would be passing.

" The first 100 students to fulfill the requirements will pass today."

Kaori gulped silently, watching as the sleep deprived weirdo stood from his seat, hanging his head before looking at the 1500 worried examinees.

" Well, the world can be pretty crappy. I suppose I should say something like good luck....so, anyway, here are the basic rules. The examinee will put three of these targets on his or her body. They can go anywhere you want as long as it's an exposed body part; so no soles on the feet or armpits, yes, that's happened. Each of you will also have six of these balls. The targets are programmed to light up whenever they've been touched by the balls. If all three targets light up, you're out. Oh, and the person who lights your third target will get credit for your defeat. You get through this round by taking down two or more people, specifically two. Got it? Alright." People around the room, most likely agents, started to hand out the circular targets, as well as their source of ammo.

" You have a few minutes to get situated as we open."

" Open..?" Mina questioned. Suddenly, the area around started to rumble as the ceiling opened before them. Kaori looked up surprised, watching cautiously as it opened slowly. The room they once stood in opened entirely, revealing a vast arena before them.

" I'm sure each of you have different terrains that you like or want to avoid. Use your Quirks well and do your best." The man said. Kaori looked around her, analyzing what she could as quickly as possible. She placed one target on her left shoulder, one on her leg, and one on her chest. She took a moment to look around at their exam whereabouts, deciding it best to disappear from sight. She didn't need a large group to fight better, she just needed a free reign where she could be sure of a win. She put her finger tips together, taking off in the direction of the abandoned work house. The buzzer rang, announcing the beginning of their first test. Almost immediately, people sprung out in the air, shooting for her.