The Yakuza

About a week had passed since the unpleasant discussion with Sir Nighteye and most who had been there were visibly unsettled at school. Though some of them figured how to hide it well, people like Mirio and Midoriya weren't handling it just as well. Kaori and Aizawa had been called by Sir Nighteye a few times, asked to demonstrate their Quirks and break them down more accurately. He seemed more interested in Kaori's ability to change matter. It might've been the similarity to Overhaul or the fact it could make things easier while searching the place. 

" Can you reverse time?"  He once asked. Kaori was a bit appalled by this request. She'd never tried because she'd never felt the power in her. Not until her hair started changing color. That's when things just felt...amplified. Like she'd reached a new level of Reverse. 

" Time itself, with it's order of events, no. I couldn't reverse time back to All Might and stop him from losing his power. It would've happened sooner or later. Time is like energy. It's all around you, but you can't solely grasp it. It's inevitable in change." 

Even when she explained the possibilities of breaking down Time's function, she felt like she was lying. She knew what she was saying was true, but the acidic feeling you have when you tell a fib was bubbling in her stomach. It seemed her body, her power, knew more than it what it let on.

Although Sir Nighteye claimed he had the Pro's looking for the Hassaikai and Eri's whereabouts, Kaori didn't stop herself from searching. The days where she had the opportunity to sneak out, she took them, taking the speed train all across Japan. While searching for her brother, she searched for Eri. She got lucky once. She caught the burnt one, Dabi, walking down the side-walk alone. Turns out, he wasn't doing anything important or leading her to their hideout. He just walked into one of the Witch's portals and her trail was gone. A few days had passed since then and Kaori had an unsettling feeling. She knew they'd be finding them soon enough now. It'd only be a matter of days. Before Kaori could got into deep thought, she felt someone grab her hand lightly. She looked behind her, seeing Bakugou coming to stand by her side. 

" Where the hell are you going so fast? It's the middle of the day, dumbass." He said, beginning to walk with her, now at a slower pace. 

" I was lost in thought. Besides, I couldn't have been that fast." She said, throwing on a small smile. He grunted, the two walking in empty silence as they passed other students in the hall.

" Hey, are you free this weekend?" He asked quietly. 

" Yeah, why? You gonna murder me?" She asked, adding a little sarcasm. 

" No, not yet. Wanna go to a shooting range?" Ignoring the not yet, her eyes lit up as she gave him a thousand nods. 

" When are we going?" She asked. 

" Knew you'd like it. How about Sunday?" He asked, silently congratulating himself. She gave a thumbs up, a hidden smile slowly escaping. That was until Kaminari entered the chat. He wrapped his arms around the couple, pulling them in close.

" Wassup, Lovebirds~?" 

" SHUT UP, DUNCE-FACE/PIKACHU!!"

..................

Kaori stood atop a rooftop, the wind rustling softly. Aizawa needed papers graded, so she was on her own for patrol. So far, it'd been pulling over a drunk driver and stopping a kid from shop-lifting. After that, it was a regular patrol from atop of buildings. She stood from the edge, moving on to the next building and the one after that. As she made it atop of a tall-view, she took a long look around at the horizon, catching nothing except a beautiful view. That was interrupted when she saw a figure on the street across from her, standing at the edge of a building. She looked closer before catching sight of the person spreading their arms, leaning closer. Kaori leapt into action, her Quirk kicking in on instinct. She took her Father's capture scarf, attaching it to the water-tower across the street. She swung over, crashing right into the man, knocking him onto the roof. There was a series of grunts as she rolled over him, his body scrambling to stand again.