Happy Christmas!! - Part II

" Here we are," While Kaori was beyond thrilled to meet her boyfriend's family, it was also incredibly nerve-wrecking and made her want to abandon ship. She sucked in a slow breath, releasing it as the soft paws of our darling Mon hit her lap, his tail wagging as he panted excitedly. She scratched right between his ears, the little shiba letting out a happy bark. She smiled, pushing down the nerves and letting them be butterflies. She opened her door, letting Mon jump out after her. He happily trotted right up to Aizawa, following him into the house as Kaori followed behind them. Hizashi appeared beside her.

" Nervous?" He asked, taking her shoulder lightly. She nodded.

" Very. Have you ever done this before?" She asked, whispering quietly as they came to the porch. He nodded, smiling sheepishly.

" I felt the same way you do when Sho and I told you during the Sports Fest. It's like the wrong words are just gonna come flying out, even when you've planned what to say." He admitted, chuckling at the memory of anxiousness when the two had to tell Kaori about them. It seemed probable that she would be mad; they'd kept 5 years worth of their relationship secret. The fact she reacted so well seemed astronomical. Kaori nodded in understanding as they finally stood before the door. Aizawa hit the doorbell, simultaneously summoning a series of muffled yelling and bangs. Kaori let out a slow breath, masking her anxious thoughts with relaxed smile. Just in time as Katsuki opened the door, seeming nervous himself. He moved aside, opening the door wider and allowing the three into the home in silence. They stepped in, coming face to face with Katsuki's own parents. His Mother's once smiling face turned to one of pure surprise as Kaori gave a small wave and a smile. Katsuki closed the door, silence settling between the six of them. Kaori let a small breath escape, speaking softly.

" It's very nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Bakugou. I'm Kaori Aizawa, and this," She smiled at them, speaking shyly for a moment as she turned to introduce Aizawa and Hizashi. For a moment, she thought to introduce them as her Father and his boyfriend, but decided something a bit more fitting. " These are my Dads." Hizashi's face broke into a surprised smile before he held out a hand to the Bakugous. 

" Hizashi Yamada, it's nice to finally meet you." He said with excitement, Katsuki's Father smiling in response as he gave the man's hand a shake.

" To you as well, Yamada. Aizawa, it's nice to see you under better circumstances. I'm Masaru, Katsuki's Father, and this is Mitsuki, my wife." Masaru greeted, giving all of them a smile with small, yet kind and welcoming eyes. Mitsuki sprouted a smile, shaking their hands before turning to Kaori. 

" So, Back-Track, ready to eat a Bakugou Family favorite?" Mitsuki questioned, winking a bit. Kaori nodded, chuckling lightly. With that, the awkward tension had faded, Bakugou's parents leading Hizashi and Aizawa further down the hall as Katsuki approached Kaori.

" That was the scariest thing I've ever done." Kaori let out slowly, holding a hand to her heart. Katsuki chuckled, taking her hand as he led her the same way their parents had gone. They took their seats at the table, the Aizawas on one side as the Bakugous were on the other. They prayed, saying their thanks for the reluctant year to be left behind as the coming one would be better. 

" Kaori, if you don't mind me asking, how did you first meet Katsuki?" Masaru asked, giving a curious smile as he passed a bowl of food to Katsuki.

" Oh, well, I started talking to him during the Sports Festival, but the first time I met him he was trying to attack a classmate of ours." She answered, passing a bowl to Aizawa.

" Sounds like our Katsuki! Well, young bratty Katsuki. He's been getting relatively better, but he still can't seem to lay off the word Hag." Mitsuki chuckled at first before sending an aggravated smile to her son. Kaori narrowed her eyes at her boyfriend.

" Hag? You don't look a day over 30, Mrs. Bakugou!" She said, smiling as she turned to the woman. Mitsuki beamed appreciatively, clapping her hands lightly.

" Katsuki, you better not lose her! She's just an angel!" Mitsuki cheered. Aizawa scoffed, smirking lightly. 

" When she's not dying during Video Games." Aizawa smirked at his daughter as she narrowed her eyes at him, glaring lightly. 

" Yes, well, not all of us are insomniacs with nothing better to do with our lives." She smirked back at him. Aizawa clicked his chop-sticks in front of her face. She sighed, defeated. 

" She's feisty, kinda like you." Masaru chuckled, nudging his son lightly. Hizashi chuckled at that as well as the two teenagers grumbled lightly. Although Kaori believed dinner would be awkward with the Bakugou family, they were very open to all kinds of conversation. They were dying to know what was happening at UA, seeing as Bakugou didn't tell them much. After they finished dinner, Kaori offered to help clean-up with Mitsuki. The rest of them ventured off into the living room, despite Bakugou wanting to stay and just be around Kaori. Kaori picked up the dishes carefully, stacking them with hesitation.

" So, how long have your Dads been together?" Mitsuki asked, looking at the girl as she set a stack of three cups by the sink.

" Well, they started dating 5 years ago. 6 years, I think, this coming year." She answered, giving a small smile as she ventured back toward the table.

" Did Aizawa raise you by himself? Damn, that must've been hard raising a kid alone. I don't know what I'd do with myself if I had to handle Katsuki alone!" Mitsuki joked lightly, chuckling to herself. Kaori laughed with her, before smiling sadly.

" No, I'm adopted. My biological Mother died when I was 2, and my adoptive Mother died this past September." She revealed, hearing a small pause between the scratch sponge gliding across the dishes. She stacked the small plates, taking them over to the sink. Mitsuki starred at her apologetically, placing a hand on her shoulder.

" I'm-....I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to pry, I just-....you and Aizawa-" Mitsuki tried to cover her past innocent question with a suitable reason, but she couldn't find a way to soften the blow. Kaori smiled, reassuring Mitsuki with a small chuckle.

" It's alright, really. My Mothers suffered in their own way, and I think their passing was a good thing. They finally got some peace." She said, despite that horrible emptiness that made the world close in on her. Mitsuki could almost feel tears, cupping her hand over her mouth before pulling the girl into a hug. 

" Mrs. Bakugou, it's alright. I promise." She reassured, keeping her arms placed at her side, despite the temptation to take in the motherly hug.

" Please, call me Mitsuki. I trust you'll take care of my Katsuki. He boasts about how great you are all the time," Mitsuki said, pulling away as she flashed a motherly smile. " Every time I ask, how's that girl you're always fawning over, it's like my son isn't even talking. You bring out the best in him, and it's about time somebody tamed that brat." Kaori laughed at Mitsuki's words, feeling a genuine lightness in her heart.

" Thank you, Mrs-...Mitsuki. Thank you, Mitsuki." She corrected herself, returning to the table as she gathered the last bit of plates. After they finished taking care of the plates, they walked back into the living room, finding them all chatting lightly as an All Might yule log played on the screen. Kaori took a seat on the ground beside Bakugou, smiling at him before being drawn the her dog as he pranced over to her proudly. She noticed something a little strange with him. She peered at his collar, finding key-chains, similar to Bakugou's headpieces.

" Katsuki, what are these?" She asked, looking at him for a moment before taking the dog in her arms. He laid his arm across the couch behind her, proud of himself.

" The mutt looks fucking fabulous." He answered, smirking proudly. She laughed at his antics, leaning into his body. He smiled down at her, genuinely, leaning his head onto her's. Nothing could be more perfect. Now this is a merry Christmas, both thought.