The Purge

" i will avenge my heart."

" Then follow my lead."

Within seconds the ground beneath them became the only solid ground to step foot on, the rest being consumed in cracks and dust. Tomura had his palms flat against the ground beneath them, leaving just enough space for them both to stand. The rest was forcefully being pushed out, the dust construing a thick fog. 

Kaori watched in fascination, hearing the way the world cracked with his touch, watching the earth abide to his destruction. Her face wore no expression but the more and more the ground shook, the faster the wind whipped her face, the faster a wicked smile grew.

She realized something, then and there, something terribly exhilerating. Her brother was a bring of destruction, but she could become the world's resolution. In one swift motion, her arm's rose to the sky before crashing down onto the rock, the contact with the surface and the sudden activation of her Quirk tearing her costume's sleeves to shreds. There were no sleeves to contain her, no gloves to hold her back. 

Kaori's recreation shook the earth, overwhelming its surface with numerous moments of building new shapes in its destruction before disappearing in a midst of excitement. Her fingers grasped the earth, nails digging into its roots as she imagined the battlefield. It would be barren, claws digging up from the earth as if grasping an invisible bubble, and they would stand before a thrown of ragged earth and boulder.

Kaori's smile grew wider, her eyes becoming darker and darker as Omen overtook her with the swirling emotions of vengence. Was that Omen or was it her? It felt so odd, like the world awaited her and yet it moved at a pace that gave her no time to catch up. She waited and waited, peering into the fog of dirt and death, smelling the dry and broken earth. 

After moments of anticipation, it only managed to linger, bringing peace in its wake as the almost identical siblings peered into their battlefield. Run ragged by their power, the earth shifted in numerous ways, a marble affect to its destruction. However, in its mess, claws rose from the ground just as she'd envisioned. 

Kaori looked down at her hands, calloused from the power. But she still beamed. Could it always feel this miraculous; if she ruined the world and created her dream, could she feel more? More power, more anarchy, more indescribably amazing?

She was beginning to believe she could. All it took was a little extra effort and the world was hers to ruin and recreate.

Spinning on her heel, she gazed at their thrown in wonder; it sprout from the earth as if it were the sun in a gorgoeous horizon, layers filling in the gaps between her ragged claws. Kaori gave a toothy grin, eyes narrowing in mischevious intent. Maybe this is our purpose. We put every ounce of energy we had to becoming stronger, maybe this is what it was all for. Omen resented their words the moment they thought them.

None of this feels right but.....but what excuse are we looking for?

" AAAGGH!!"

Kaori's train of thought was quickly broken when  a shrill cry came from behind, her head snapping to the side to see Tomura, his hands over his head grasping the hair that pulled at his scalp, subsiding the real pain that numbed his skull. Jogging over, Kaori laid her hands over his, speaking in an odd echo.

" Tenko."

He looked up at her, eyes bloodshot as if he hadn't slept in years. His gaze was mangled with emotions of pain, terror, and plot. Kaori's jaw clenched at his gaze, feeling him push aside her comfort and stand to his feet on his own. He looked down at her, belitting her with his eyes, his chest held high with pride. Kaori inhaled deeply, holding her shoulders high.