Waiting...

Kaori vacuumed her house's living room, creating straight lines directly next to each other. One after the other, creating a perfect design on their whitish-tan rug. She turned the vacuum off, wrapping up the plug once more. She rolled the vacuum back to the closet, hiding it away. She walked to the kitchen, taking a seat on her kitchen table. She fiddled with the silver locket around her neck, twisting and untwisting it between her fingers. She took it off at one point, clicking the small button and opening it once more. She looked at small picture, seeing the images of her deceased family. Her Haha, her Chichi, her Nana, and her Koko. They were all gone. Why wasn't she with them when it happened? Why did she have to face the aftermath? The lingering, poisonous thoughts that surrounded her? She started to tear up, remembering the most random memories. 

" Chichi used to call me Mako....he liked Mako Shimura better...he called me Mako because he disagreed with my name choice..." She said, giving a weak smile as she talked to nobody. She hung her head, smiling in pain, again. 

" Koko loved it...Nana too....they loved making up nicknames..just for me..! They wanted my name....to be special..." She cried more, breathing in and out harshly. However, it was all stopped when there was a knock at the door. She looked up, confuesed. She dried her tear-stained face, sniffling a couple times. Was her Chichi....out of the hospital already? She stood up, leaving her locket open and on the table. She walked toward the door slowly, her hands shaking. However, when she opened the door, she was even more so confuesed. 

.     .     .

" Shoto?" 

There stood the boy with heterochromia eyes, standing unsure and awkward before her. He wore a dark blue turtle-neck, a pair of black pants to suit them. What is he doing here..?

" Hello, Kaori. How are you doing?" He asked, pushing away the awkwardness as he starred straight at her, showing no utter expression upon his face.

" I'm alright....how did you find me?" She asked, holding onto the door-frame as she leaned onto it. He held up his phone, showing the Friend Finder app.  

" I asked Ashido for your number. I hope you don't mind." He said, putting his phone back into his back pocket.

" It's no problem. Would you like to come in?" She asked, moving to the side a bit as she gestured for him to come in. He nodded, stepping aside quickly. He looked around as Kaori closed the door, looking back at the curious boy. He seemed to be captivated by...everything.

" 64 degrees? You like the cold?" He asked, turning around to look at her. He'd expected her to have it at something more like 75 during this chilly autumn.

" Yeah, it calms me.....it's also one of the reasons why my Dad appears at school with a sleeping bag..." She said, chuckling a bit before becoming quiet. He then turned to look at her, seeming a little sad for her. She looked back up, clapping her hands together lightly. 

" Would you like some Tea?" She asked. He nodded, her nodding in return. She walked into the kitchen, readying the kettle as she poured water into it. She set the kettle of water on the front burner, allowing it to boil. She heard a small meow, making her head pop up. I forgot to tell him about Mon! She walked out of the kitchen, looking down the hall. She flipped the switch on, seeing their Shiba Inu Dog, Mon, playing with Shoto. Shoto looked up, stilling rubbing Mon's belly. She couldn't help but adore the scene in front of her.

" You didn't tell me you had a Shiba Dog." He said as Mon flipped back up, prancing toward her as he barked softly. 

" Forgive me. I was just coming to tell you in case you were allergic or something. This is Mon, our Shiba. My Chichi prefers cats, normally, but he holds a special place in his heart, only for this dog." She explained as she knelt down. Mon looked at her, placing his front paws on Kaori's knees as he reached up to her head, licking Kaori's cheek lightly. Kaori chuckled a little, scratching behind Mon's ears. Hearing Todoroki chuckle, she looked up, meeting his eyes. They sat there in a moment of peaceful silence, but the tea kettle interrupted them. Kaori looked behind her, standing up to walk towards the kitchen, Mon trailing after her.