In Memory Of Naomi Sakura

Kaori stood in front of her mirror, smoothing out her black dress. After a few weeks of planning, Naomi's funeral was prepared and invites were sent out. Kaori had part of her hair pulled back, still leaving some down in the back. She looked at her bangs, blowing them lightly as she smoothed a piece to fit in nicely. She starred at the picture taped onto her mirror, smiling at the face full of love and life. That face would be buried 6ft underground in less than 3 hours. She'd be speaking in front of people she'd never met. This all felt unreal, like it was just a bad dream that would be over in the next second. No matter how long she closed her eyes, she never woke up in her bed with Mon beside her. She always met her reflection, lonely and sad. Why is it that when she looks at the little girl in the picture, her eyes are full of joy and curiosity, but when she looks at her reflection, her eyes become hallow and full of mysteries she'd never uncover? She closed her eyes, looking away as she left behind haunted irises. She took her jacket, slipped on her sleek black slip-on's and walked out of her room. She walked down the stairs of her home slowly, letting the mask of silence cover her. Aizawa stood at the door, solemnly starring into space as Mic adjusted his tie, feeling the silence take his voice away. The same week I fight with Chichi we have Naomi's funeral. I should've kept my cool, just explain how I felt. This is hard for him just as much as it is for me. Kaori bit her lip in guilt, walking toward the door. Aizawa and Mic glanced at her, but she never looked up. Her eyes were glued to the ground. Aizawa reached out his hand to caress her shoulder, but remembered how she snapped.

" DON'T TOUCH ME, SHOTA!"

He retracted his hand hesitantly, stuffing it in his pocket. Mic starred sadly at the two, trying to catch his boyfriend's eye. He sighed sadly, placing his hand on Kaori's back as Aizawa opened the door for them both, letting them leave first. Kaori looked back one last time at the small photos that decorated the wall above the fireplace. She recognized Naomi's emerald eye. Bright, Forgiving, Kind; they never once held a grudge. She wished her eyes could be the same.

. . .

" Hey, has anybody seen Mr. Aizawa or Kaori? I've been texting her, but she hasn't answered once. They're aren't doing Hero Work are they?" Mina questioned, leaning her head back to look at the few people passing by or moving around the kitchen. Before anybody could answer Mina, Bakugou spoke from a different spot on the couch, eyes glued to his phone.

" They're at a funeral." Heads turned in surprise and confusion as Mina's face twisted into confusion and fear.

" A funeral? W-who died?" She asked, worry evident as people began to gather to hear the small gossip. Bakugou didn't mean to let the words slip, but now that they knew, there was no point in hiding it.

" Her Mother died recently." He said, sparring a glance at the alien girl. A series of gasps and soft murmurs traveled through the people present.

" When did she tell you, Kacchan?" Midoriya asked, leaning over the couch. Bakugou was at a strange calm, almost refusing to yell or lash out at anybody like he normally would.

" Recently." He said, giving a cryptic answer. The class was forced back into silence as sadness consumed them. Their friend, much less their teacher, had lost somebody so close to them and hid it so perfectly they didn't even falter in mood. Mina's face scrunched up lightly as she stood from the couch.

" Did she tell you where?" The alien's question made Bakugou curious, so he finally met the girl's gaze.

" Yeah. They're having the funeral at Ito Cemetery. Why?" He asked, standing with her. Mina thanked him quietly, nodding lightly.

" I'm going to go and be there for her. I don't care if the funeral lasts until 1 in the morning, I failed to notice she and Mr. Aizawa were hurting, so I'm gonna make it up to them by being there." She spoke confidently, a foreign scowl on her face. She walked towards Momo, asking for appropriate clothing. Momo created it quickly, handing it to the girl. Soon, people began lining up, asking her for their own suits or dresses. They were going to be there for the Aizawas.

. . .

" Today, we are here in memory of my Mother, Naomi Sakura."

Groups of people stood together, watching Kaori as she stood in front of a small field of people. She took in an uneven breath, forcing the tears to only sting her eyes. People seemed to stare at her in sadness and pity, but Kaori starred back at them, remaining confident and calm.

" She was an inspiring Hero, an amazing Friend, and loving Mother. When I was 2 years old, Naomi found me on the streets, homeless and just recently orphaned. She offered protection and love and invited me into her home. She welcomed me into her life and I thought we had all the time in the world to be together," She recited, looking to ground for a moment. There was a small sniffle in the crowd as people awaited her next sentence. They knew it'd bring discomfort.

" When I was 8, I was called home from school. My Chichi told me that Naomi had encountered a villain and that she was seriously ill. For a few years, we thought she was going to get better. That's when she started losing her memory. There were only certain hours Naomi could remember and it was...." Kaori took a moment to breathe, feeling her heart catch in her throat. She looked back up at the audience, trying to calm down. " It was hell trying to act like she could be okay. About a month ago, I was told she was put on life support and while in a short state of comatose, she left. I never go to say goodbye, but I....I'm happy that she went peacefully."

After people spoke and shed their tears, they took their chances to see her face and leave her offerings. They took her body, cremated it, and buried her in the ground. Kaori stood between Mic and Aizawa, letting the stalled tears fall silently. Evening came and people gave their condolences. They talked with Kaori and Aizawa and told them to carry on her memory, honor her spirit, and share the good times they had. After the majority had left, the three stood at the grave, looking at the flowers, the incense, and the small gifts decorating her grave pedestal. It was silence between the small, sad family. Kaori's mouth opened for a moment before closing again, unsure what words should come out. Mic glanced at the two, waiting for anything. Nothing happened. Mic put an arm around her shoulders, rubbing her shoulder lightly. Footsteps passed by them and to their surprise a hand placed a Sakura blossom on the grave. Another hand, another blossom. The three looked at each other before turning around, coming face to face with the infamous Class 1a, dressed in black and each holding a Sakura blossom. The tears she'd fought so confidently began to well and spill down her cheeks. Aizawa had to look away, the tears easily breaking his stoic mask. The class walked forward, placing their small offerings down, standing beside their teacher and friend. Mina hugged the girl, letting Kaori cry into her shoulder for once. Midoriya smiled up at his teacher, others offering the small gesture.

" Thank you. All of you. You're a great bunch of kids."

__________
+Bonus

The Aizawas had returned home, deciding to spend the night at the place they celebrated so many birthdays with the woman they loved. Kaori stood in her room, changed into a different outfit, more comfortable than her mourning dress. As she brushed out her hair, she heard the soft keys of piano. She looked at her door, listening to it as it escalated. She opened her bedroom door, crossing the hall. She walked down the stairs, the song beginning to return to her. Sakura Sakura. Mic wasn't here, he was out buying food for the small family. Leaving one person available. She traveled to the Other room, a room for mere entertainment. A small bookshelf, a playing table, and a small piano. There sat Aizawa, still dressed in his suit. Not even his hair was torn from it's pulled back style like her own. She walked towards the seat, listening to him play softly. She sat down on the seat next to him, staring at the keys as he played. She leaned her head against his shoulder lightly, waiting for him to say something. Instead, she took the initiative, speaking softly.

" I love you, Chichi. I'm sorry for getting upset." She said, barely above a whisper as a tear rolled down her cheek. He wrapped in arm around her, relaxing his shoulders with a heavy sigh.

" I'm sorry for pushing you." He apologized, kissing the top of her head softly. She wrapped her arm around him, closing her eyes softly.

" Chichi....I want help, but I don't want it from a therapist. I want your help."

" Then, I'll do the best I can. I love you, Sweetheart. Bunches and bunches,"

" Forever and ever."