³⁷, broken visions

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter thirty-seven,
broken visions

"Eden, Jane, I thought you were going to get some candy?"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

TOMORROW WE WILL GO BACK TO HOGWARTS. "Jane and Eden will start their first year tomorrow and the timing couldn't be more off. I am pretty sure the school will be full of death eaters, which makes it hard not to let them get hurt." I whisper while playing with the grass beneath me. "Every year I sort of knew what to expect, but now... I don't know what is coming, I don't know what to do...-" The summer breeze moves through my hair and over my face, drying the tears. "I wanted to come here earlier, but everyone is trying to keep me close, they believe I will break. Little do they know I do break, however, I only do it with you and I hate that. I wish I could tell you that I am okay, but I'm not. I don't know if I can be okay again." A sob leaves my mouth and the couple a bit further looks at me with pity. The grief is consuming me, just like every other time I am here. There is only a stone in front of me. "Finlay Orion Black-" I mutter barely being able to control my voice. "I love you so much, Finnie. Don't ever forget that-" I stand and look at the grave for one last time, before apparating back to the Burrow. 

I land just outside the protection shield because otherwise, I am a fried witch. I make my way to the house and soon I spot my parents with Elliot, Jane and Eden outside with Molly in the doorway, leading them inside. Fred moves past his mom and runs towards me with a concerned expression on his face. "Where have you been? I was worried sick!" "Calm down, Fred. I just went out for a while, you know how I hate being stuck in the house." "You could've died!" 

I walk past him, not responding to his comment. "Stop ignoring me-" "What Fred? Merlin, you need to stop being so overprotective all the time! You said nothing would change, so don't change anything then!" He grabs my wrist, both of us ignoring the fact that my parents are there. "So now I am not allowed to care for my girlfriend?!" He bursts making all the adults and the little sisters gasp. "Called it-" Eden chuckles to Jane. 

"Your 'girlfriend' would've thought twice about that decision when she knew her boyfriend would become an overprotective arsehole!" I shout at him trying move out of his grip. "I wouldn't be overprotective if you told me where you went?!" "I just needed to talk so someone who knows what I am going through! A lot changed for me these past couple of months! You out of all people should know that better than anyone!" 

"Everyone lost a friend so don't act-" "Did you just-..." Something changes in his eyes and guilt spread over his face. "Liz-" "No, you still don't understand it. That night I didn't just lose the boy I love forever, I also lost something else... because Greyback decided to make me a freak! I have to live with the fact that your brother got hurt and Finlay died because of me! So don't you fucking dare telling me that everyone lost a friend because no one lost more than I did that night!" One arm closes around my waist as he pulls me closer and cups my face. "I know, I shouldn't have said that, I am sorry-" His head rests against mine and I can't help but cry again.