³³, confrontation

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter thirty-three,

confrontation

"Why don't you leave then?"

Calista Ella Garfield.

THE GIRL IN THE MIRROR DOESN'T SMILE. "Are you okay?" I look at my best friend. "Yea, I guess I will be," I say as I brush my hand through my hair. "You know that I won't let anything happen to you, right?" "Yea, yea I know," I respond. The books I need for today lay on my bed and I quickly put them in my bag. "I need to go, but I talk to you later," before she can answer I leave the dormitory feeling incredibly guilty.

In the great hall, I sit down at the Gryffindor table, which surprises a lot of them. "Cali, what are you doing here?" "You need to listen to me, Gin. In one and a half week, there will be an attack. If your brother got my letter they already know, but I believe you need to know as well. You can't ask me how I know this... However, you need to let them know, okay. Let them know." I whisper at her. She grabs my arm as I want to walk away. "Wait, why- how-" "Don't ask questions, please." "I won't, I just wanted to ask if you want to have breakfast here, Maverick and Luna will also join in a moment." A smile appears on my face. "That would be nice."

During breakfast we laugh and talk about lots of things and for the first time in a while I feel alive again. "I heard the Potions exam is going to be really hard, I just hope I make it." Maverick mumbles as he takes a sip from his pumpkin juice. "Slytherin will have that exam after breakfast, I will tell you how it was." "You are going to think it's easy anyway, Cali. You are basically a nerd." "Oh shut your mouth, Mave. That's not true." "Your mom was a Ravenclaw right?" Luna says dreamy but with a smile. "Yea, but everyone knows she was supposed to be a Slytherin." Maverick answers before I can say something. "My dad always talks about that. If there were one person who got sorted wrong, it would've been Lucy." "You're right, my mom and my dad were true Slytherins. My dad said that he knew she was the one the moment she hit him in the face in their third year, they have the perfect love story."

"You mean like you and Fred-" Ginny says with a grin making me choke in my tea. "What...-" "You and Fred have the perfect love story-" "We haven't-" "You told him you loved him, hûh?" I blink a couple of times only staring at the girl. "How- how do you-" "The only reason that boy sends me letters is to ask how you are." "He does?" I don't know if I am hearing this right. "Gin, you shouldn't mess with me right now. I don't know how much I can handle before I-" "break.. Yea I noticed that too." An awkward silence flows over our group. I glance at my watch for a moment. "I believe I should go, if I want to be in time for my exam." "Good luck-" The rest says and after I walk away.

~

I quickly leave the classroom knowing he follows me. "Lizzie!" He says as soon as the door closes. "Lizzie stop walking!" "What do you want, Finlay?" I say and I know he can hear how tired I feel. "I don't get why you keep running towards danger... Haven't you learned anything from last year?!" He burst stepping closer. "I don't want to talk about it." "You never do! When are you going to start trusting me?!" Classroom doors open and I really don't want others to know about this. "I trust you, but-" I say trying to calm him down, but it works in the opposite direction. "But what, if you tell me, I will die too?! You can't drop a bomb like that on me! How dare you run towards something you know it's going to kill you?!" "Just shut up-"