⁴³, you

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter forty-three,
you

"Charcoal, citrus, cinnamon and oak-"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

I CHUCKLE AS I LAY DOWN NEXT TO HIM, trying to get my breathing under control. "Did you like that, princess?" "You know I always do-" I breathe as I turn to the nightstand to check the time. "You are not going to leave me hanging like this, are you Garfield?" His arms close around my waist holding me close. My eyes move to the chair standing in this hotel room of the three broomsticks. It is empty but only for seconds because the moment I blink, my eyes are focussed on his perfectly done black hair.

"Weasley, out." The door bursts open and my best friend walks in. "Dude we are just having-" "Out now." He states waving for the boy to leave my dormitory. The red-haired boy starts to pack his clothes and steps outside the room. "See you later, I guess-" The door slaps in his face, which leaves us alone. "Move-" "No, Finnie, I am naked." I giggle holding the sheets up to my chin. "Nothing I haven't seen before, now scooch!" He pushes me to the side and climbs in my bed. "Can I at least get some underwear?" He moves his wand and I feel how the underwear and a t-shirt appear. "That's much better, isn't it?" I laugh as I brush my hand through my hair and lay my head on his chest. "Was there anything you wanted to say to me?" I feel his breath on my face when he responds. "No, I just want to spend time with you, I miss you. I miss having you around all the time, I-" "Shut up and hug me, Finlay." "Sure thing." 

"Princess?" I break the eye-contact with the boy and look at the guy in front of me. "Yea?" My voice is high, too high. "I asked you something-" "Oh, yea, I need to go." I get out of bed and change into something appropriate. "Cali, are you-" He mumbles when I open the door, clearly concerned. "Yes, bye," I whisper before leaving the room. 

~

"Miss Garfield, you are late," Slughorn says friendly, his eyes move to the side of the classroom where Amycus Carrow is staring at the class and at me. "I am sorry, professor. I was-" "having sex with Weasley-" I freeze in the middle of my sentence and my whole mood turns around. I eye my side and see the boy I lost next to me. Almost immediately I look down at my hands and start counting my fingers, 8, 9, 10... I breathe slowly and look back up to Slughorn. "-I was-" I choke on the words and I glance at Lenora. She and Sage are just staring at me. "-I was in the hospital wing. Sorry, it took a bit longer than expected." Silence. "Sit down, miss Garfield, but I expect you at detention tomorrow night, is that clear?" "Yes, sir." I move my head down and sit in front of Lenora, alone. 

As Slughorn starts to explain what we are going to do today, Amycus Carrow goes to sit next to me. "It is easy to see when someone is going to lose it, as a death eater you see those things. We learn to live with it." I ignore him and so does Slughorn. "How does it feel? To talk to them, knowing others will tell you your crazy? How does it feel to lose your mind?" This is worse than physical torture. I clench my fists, hoping he won't see it. He sways closer to my ear. "They probably died because of you. I recognise trouble when I see them-" I force myself not to blink or else... "Let me guess, one died on your watch?" When I don't respond he chuckles. "Two then?" The whole class hears what he's doing but no one dares to say something. "Oh no, don't tell me you killed three of them-" He laughs loudly, however, Slughorn doesn't stop talking. "Four-" "What did you say, Garfield?" "Four died-" "How wonderful, which one do you see? Which kill-" I hit the table hard, "I didn't kill!" His hand grabs my hair pulling it hard, making me yelp. "Lose the attitude! Now, tell me, which one is here with us right now?"