⁰⁸, silent thoughts

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter eight,
silent thoughts

chapter eight,silent thoughts

"Merry Christmas, by the way." 

Calista Ella Garfield. 

I LOOK AT THE KITCHEN WERE EVERYONE IS RUNNING AROUND PREPARING FOR THE LAST MEAL. I am sitting on the couch with Finlay who is watching me. I look away from the people in the kitchen and turn to my best friend. Both of our feet are on the couch and my head rests on the back of the sofa. "I am so sorry I wasn't there for you these past few days," I whisper while looking at the boy. "It is okay, I actually went to your room the night you found out about Grant, figuring you definitely would be awake." He starts and I stay silent. "You did?" I finally find my voice again. "Yeah, and I was really surprised to find out you were asleep, but that went away when I saw who was with you." A blush creeps up my face and I don't look at the boy. "You fell asleep because of him and you have been sleeping because he's with you every single night, don't you?" He says as his hand brings my face back to his. "I- I don't know why I can sleep with him, It confuses me... When I am with you, it is different you know-" "I do know why you can sleep with him too, but I am not planning on telling you." "Telling her what?" Lenora sits down in the middle. "Oh it isn't important," Finlay says before I can respond. "Actually it is," I stop him before he lies to her yet again. "I didn't want to tell you this, because I don't want you to worry-" "Don't tell her if you don't want to, Lizzie." Lenora looks at the boy for a moment. "He is right, if you feel like you don't want to tell it, don't do it." I smile, I love her. "Ever since he came back I haven't been able to sleep, that's why Finlay and I always end up in the common room together, because-" "You have insomnia...-" The girl whispers slowly. "Are you okay?" "These last few days I slept normal nights for the first time in a long time, but that will end when we are back at Hogwarts-" "Because the boy helping her is in another house." Finlay exposes me making me hit him. "Don't say that!" I hit him again but now with a pillow causing us to have a big pillow fight. A smile appears on my mouth. Merlin, I love my friends. 

~

"Tell me what's on your mind?" The boy says as he creeps closer to me "You wouldn't believe me." "Try me, princess." "I am kind of happy Maverick and I are practically family. I didn't even like him, he was just part of the game." "Aha, that game, the game you and your friends are playing?" He grins as he pulls me in making our distance smaller. "I can't tell you, I already said too much." he steps closer and lays his hand on her chin. "Then don't tell me, it's rude to break the bro code." "hoe code-" I correct him. "Hoe- I- Cali!" I bite my lip for a moment and look up at him. "C'mon Weasley, you can't tell me you're surprised." "Actually I am not..." He whispers before leaning in. His lips touch mine when the door opens roughly and my best friend walks in. I step back immediately trying not to look at the girl. "You know the rules young lady, you can't do this." "I know, but- I just," I say trying to talk myself out of it. "Rules? What rules?" Fred says confused. "Aren't you almost dating Audrey?" Lenora says while looking at the boy. "I uh- It's complicated, I-" "Leave him alone, Nora," I say while pushing her out of the room. "You know you can't do anything with him, not as long Audrey didn't finish." She whispers to me and after she walks away. I close the door and directly I feel how he places his hand next to my head. "How come, every time I am trying to have you all by yourself, someone walks in on us?" He whispers only staring at my lips. "Because I attract people," I mutter while staring at his as well. "You are not wrong." He comes closer again and I close my eyes before opening my mouth. "Fred?" "Yeah?" His hands trail over my back to my hips and back to my face. "We can't do this," I murmur while thinking about the game. "That stupid little game," He says but he isn't stepping away. "I can't-" "Who?" "Who what?" I say confused unable to focus when his lips are only centimetres away from mine. "Who chose me?" "I can't say, I am sorry." Silence. "Maybe you should step away, Golden boy. Before I can't control myself anymore." "How do you know that's not what I am waiting for, princess? For you to lose control, what makes me lose control as well." He whispers in my ear before stepping away from me. "But I won't break you, even though I know you want it, princess." A grin appears on his mouth. "Oh fuck off, Weasley," I say rolling my eyes before leaving the room.