⁰⁴, the lions and the serpents

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter four,
the lions and the serpents

"–just a fun fact, professor, adds a bit of interest"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

WHEN I WAKE UP I LOOK AT MY HAND FOR A MOMENT. It stings. I get up when I hear Finlay mumbling. "What are you doing?" "We have a quidditch match to win, c'mon get up!" I say with a smile and I help the boy up. He yawns for a bit what makes me giggle. "We have to change, sleepyhead." I want to move away but he stops me. "You have to tell her, Lizzie." I look at the black-haired boy for a moment. "She will only get concerned and it's just a temporary thing, nothing to worry about," I explain as I walk further. The boy follows me into my dormitory and sits down on my bed. "Insomnia isn't something that goes away easily, I can know." I turn to him when I put on my quidditch outfit and run my hand through my hair. "I know, I am sorry." "Do you know that I covered for you? Lenora asked why we hung out so much. I told her about my case, but you have to tell her about yours." "I figured, she didn't give me that "you are dating our best friend" look anymore." I grin what makes him roll his eyes and after he gets up. "She gave me that look too," A chuckle escapes my mouth. "Our best friend really pays attention, doesn't she?" "Hell yeah." 

~

We all land on the ground and I sigh. "Don't worry guys, we will win the next game," I say while looking at the cheering Gryffindor team who also lands. "I wonder where Potter learned how to fly, I am pretty sure his parents were dead before he could walk," Draco says with a small grin on his face. "I don't think this is a good idea, mate," Theodore says as he pats his friend's shoulder. "Shut up, Malfoy." It's too late, the Gryffindor team already heard. "Don't whine Weaselbee, you luckily still have your fat mom!" I look at the blonde-haired boy in shock. Did he just- "What did you just say?!" "That ur mom should work a bit so you can buy a better home than the garbage you're living in now." "Draco!" I say dismayed not knowing what else to say. Before I can comprehend what is happening Fred and Potter run towards the boy and start hitting him. "Boys, stop it!" I yell as I try to get closer, but Finlay pulls me back. The captain of Gryffindor and Katie Bell hold George tightly to prevent him from attacking the blonde boy too.

"Enough!" the pink lady appears and forces the boys to let go of Draco by magic. "The three of you my office now! The rest, you better get changed." My eyes go to the boy on the ground. He probably feels as bad as he looks right now. Peace returns to the field and I walk up to the boy. "Are you serious, Draco? Why did you have to do this?" "They always win just because of the so-called chosen one." I rip a piece off my quidditch robe and put it around his hand. "Listen to me, I know how you feel and it is not fair, but don't you dare to do this again because then you won't play for our team anymore." The others just watch in silence how I talk to Draco. "You can't kick me out, my father-" "Oh watch me, I could even make sure no one is in debt of your father again. Don't make me do this, Draco. I like you, so I would rather not kick you out of the team." A grin appears on his face. "You like me huh?" "Keep looking at me like that and I will break your nose." I hiss at him before walking away. "A pretty girl like you can always break my nose." He yells after me, making me turn around. "Do you want to test that theory?" I say threatening and he immediately crawls back. "I rather not," "good," I say coldly before continuing my way off the field.