⁴⁸, one last goodbye

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter forty-eight,
one last goodbye

"I loved you until there was nothing left to give

"I loved you until there was nothing left to give."

Calista Ella Garfield.

"DO YOU GUYS THINK THEY WILL EVER COME BACK?" Lukas asks as he takes a sip of the pumpkin juice we brought. Together with Blaise, Theo, Draco and Pansy we are chilling outside. "You mean Lenora and Maverick? I don't know to be honest. I don't know what is wrong with Nathaniel, but he is unreasonable." I state while playing with my hair. "How would you know?" "Well, after I lost it, I went to his house to talk to Lenora and he didn't let me in. He said and I quote: You make her feel dead inside." "What is wrong with that man, you can't say that to a kid!" Pansy bursts annoyed, Sage and Genevieve agreeing with her. As everyone has their own conversations my eyes focus on my little sister who joins us with her friends.

"Cali, this arrived for you this morning, the owl dropped in front of me so I opened it and well-" A blush creeps up her cheeks and her friends only giggle a bit. "Let's just say I don't think I was supposed to read that. Anyway, I need to go." Perplexed I stare at the girl and the boys laugh. "Oh-oh, did little Eden read something she wasn't supposed to?" Sage jokes making my sister roll her eyes. "Whatever, Sage." She affirms before walking away with the boys. As the others laugh about her exit I read the letter.

-... Gin, told me what happened. Are you okay?

That's not bad, I don't understand why...

Merlin, you don't know what I want to do to you, princess

My cheekbones turn red when reading the details he put in the letter. I grin when realising Eden read this too. That girl must be traumatised. "It is that bad, huh?" Theo laughs when noticing my face, Genevieve and Pansy read with me over my shoulder, making both of them bite their lip. "This isn't a letter, this is porn." "Screw you, Parkinson-" I laugh as I chuckle. Spending time with my friends is really good for me. When being alone I start to overthink, I eat myself from the inside as I don't know what to do next. This...- this is much better. I am still broken but combined with friends and the planned revenge I will get better.

"Oh dear Cali, can I see it?" I look up when recognising her voice. "Poor Violet, she can't get Elliot so she tries to piss off his family, a classic move, Cress. Really creative." I say without looking at her. "I just want to see the art of Alecto Carrow-" "Get lost, Cress. You are not wanted here." Pansy stands while looking at the girl, I do the same. "It seems only weeks ago that you drowned her with me, what happened with you? You had so much potential." "I grew up." She says coldly while pointing her wand at the brown-haired girl. A grin plays around my mouth. "Support me here, Daphne." I turn my hand and the girl's hand breaks. "I have a deja-vu." I chuckle without emotion.