³¹, laughter and joy

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter thirty-one,

laughter and joy

"-there is a fair chance you will die too-"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE HAVING FUN. These past weeks I focussed more on my friends and less on my problems. I act like everything is okay, to make sure no one else gets miserable. Everyone has their own problems and I need to put mine away to help the rest. I am okay. 

I am reading my book in my dormitory waiting for the night because we are going to play some games. I heard Audrey's new girlfriend also joins and she's really nice. I turn the page and smile as I read the end of the chapter. "Something funny?" I ignore the boy till I finish the page and after I look at him. "No, just a good book. You should try that some times, instead of making out with the love of your life." I mock the boy as I lean against my bed. He rolls his eyes as he brushes his hand through his hair. "What are you doing here, Draco? And how did you even manage to get in here?" A chuckle rolls over his lips. "I had to flirt my way up, poor Pansy still thinks she has a chance with me." "Poor girl," I state sarcastically, putting my book on the nightstand. "So the 5th of June it will happen." He sat down and looks at his hands. I crawl closer to him till my knees touch his. "I guess, I just came here to say that I am sorry, again. I am well aware that I almost broke you and I feel incredibly guilty about that. Especially because you mean a lot to me." My hand finds his chin and I force him to look at me. "You indeed almost broke me and I am sorry if that hurts you, but it will be okay, I promise." 

"I still have to do it-" He murmurs, his forehead resting against mine. "I- I have to-" Tears roll over his cheeks, making my eyes pool as well. "We shouldn't think about that, we have to stay positive." "I need your words to comfort me-" he starts, but I stop him. "You know, I can't do that, Draco. I already helped you while I shouldn't. I can not tell you, it's okay to-... No, I can't do that, don't make me do that." He cups my face trying to calm me down. "I won't. I promise I won't." Suddenly the door bursts open and Lenora walks in with Sage and Genevieve by her side. Both of us don't know how fast to get up and Draco roughly wipes away his tears. 

"Malfoy, what are you doing here?" Sage is the one who speaks up first. "I was about to go, don't worry." He says running his hand through his hair. "No, we can leave and come back later, it's-" "It's fine. He was about to go." I say as I push the boy to the door. In the doorway, I look up to him. His thumb finds my face and rubs away my tears. "It is almost over, Cali. We just need to hold on for a bit-" The words roll over his tongue and I would almost believe him. "You need to hold on, I just need to live with myself," I respond before stepping away and closing the door. Silence meets me, but luckily Lenora clears her throat. "We came to get you, the boys are waiting for us." "Yea, uh, will you give me two minutes?" The three girls nod and I quickly rush to the bathroom.