⁵⁰, times have changed

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter fifty,
times have changed

chapter fifty,times have changed

"...we're in the midst of a war,"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

"CALISTA DON'T PANIC I DON'T THINK ANYTHING IS WRONG," Pomfrey says while moving her wand over my stomach. Sage holds my hand tightly and smiles when seeing my stomach. It is April, which means that I am 6.5 months along. "Stay here, I will get the new dose of your medicine and I want to see you in 2 weeks again, as we need to monitor it closely due to everything you are going through right now." She disappears into her office and Sage glances at me for a moment. "Did you tell her already? Did you tell him?" "He knows, I got in contact with him the moment I found out. We agreed not to talk about it because when they know...-" "And Nora?" When I don't answer she sighs. "She has a right to know, Cali." "I can't tell her, you know as well as I do that she lost so much and even though she smiles, I know they aren't real. She's falling apart from the inside and no one knows. What if I tell her about this and I lose it. I don't even know if I can handle that... Do you really think she can...? I will tell her when I have a healthy and breathing kid in my arms." Now she's the one who isn't saying anything. "Promise me you will tell her then." "I promise." 

Madame Pomfrey comes back and gives me the pills. Her eyes wander to my arm. "I could heal that for you, it will take time, but-" "No. I don't want to heal it. I want it there, this may sound pathetic, but having this gives me the strength to continue, to make everything right. It makes me stronger, it shows others that we can survive against them. The words are awful, but it gives me and others hope." "Okay then." She points her wand on my stomach and mumbles the concealing spell. "I will see you in two weeks, take care." Together with Sage, I leave the hospital wing. "What now?" I state as I stare outside. "I promised Lenora I would hang out with her, but maybe this is a good time to tell your little sister what is going on. Because they also have a right to know." My eyes find the girl confused. "If I am going to tell everyone except her, I-" "She will forgive you for that. I will make sure the others don't say anything. I will let them know what you promised me, okay?" I nod before changing my course. We both go our own way but I quickly turn around. "Sage?!" She smiles at me while also turning around. "Thank you." "Always." 

I find my sister close to Hagrid's where she and her friends are enjoying the sun. "Lizzie, what are you doing here?" I sit down next to Jane and lean against Hagrid's hut. "Listen, I know it is not the timing and there are terrible things going on right now, but-" "You're pregnant," Jane states before I can finish my sentence. "You know?" I state confused looking at the girl. "Of course we know, we heard Genevieve and Sage talk about it a few weeks ago." Eden is the one who responds to my question. "We understand why you didn't tell us, we know they can't know." Lois backs her friends up. "Yeah about that, Lenora doesn't know and she can't know it yet. I don't want to give her someone else she can lose, so could you not tell her? All of you." I glance at the boys who all immediately nod. "Why can't she know?" "Do you trust me?" I ask Jane carefully. "Of course I do." "Then trust me if I say that you can't tell her." "Okay, sure."