⁴¹, game of petals

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter forty-one,
game of petals

"Let's say they do not like to follow the rules

"Let's say they do not like to follow the rules..."

Calista Ella Garfield. 

"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO TODAY?" Sage asks as we are walking out of the common room. "We could go to Hogsmeade, maybe-" "I can't be there," I interrupt Lenora, causing her to give me a painful look. "Why?" "I- I have plans. I am sorry Lenora but-" I glance at my watch for a moment. "I need to go," I whisper before walking away from my friends. "She doesn't look good, I am worried about her," Audrey mumbles to the others, but I ignore it and make my way outside. I am worried about myself as well, I am worried for Lenora, Eden, Jane and even their friends. There is so much going on right now and I am barely able to keep myself together.

When I arrive in the courtyard I quickly go to the end of the school grounds. The moment I step over the magical line drawn around the school I will be able to apparate. "Cali! Wait a moment!" I will always recognise his voice, he hurt me deeply and I haven't spoken to him in forever. I start walking faster and at the border, I turn around to him. "Just let me talk, I miss my friend, Cali-" That's the moment I step over the line and apparate to a different location, away from him. 

I land on my knees and pain shoots through my arm, a painful cry leaves my mouth. Blood gushes on the ground and my hand find my upper leg where I basically crumbled myself. I take off my jacket and wrap it around the wound trying to stop the bleeding. This is the reason I shouldn't apparate when upset. I move myself to the tree next to his grave and stare at the stone, tears rolling over my cheeks and not only because of the pain, but because I miss him so much. "Lizzie?" His brother's voice sounds so much like his'. It hurts me even more. "Elliot-" I close my eyes hoping that my consciousness will realise it isn't Finlay. 

"What are you doing here? And did you crumble yourself? You are supposed to be at school." He kneels down and looks at the wound on my leg. "Let me help you," he says before letting everything necessary to cure this appear. While he works his magic on my leg, I lean my head against the tree and stare at his stone. "You know, Fin...- I was right, Hogwarts isn't the same. No one is the same. They torture us when we don't do what they say and even the decent teachers are on the edge with them right now. Jane and Eden found their group. They could've been the Marauders of another decade, only with five. They befriended this girl, Lois Bradford is her name I believe. Then you have Cooper Baskerville, you know from that family in the Daily Prophet. We laughed about how rich they are, a few years ago and then there is Elijah Hastings. I try to protect them all, but they make it really hard for us. Let's say they do not like to follow the rules...- just like us." Silence. Elliot's eyes pool and he clears his throat to get himself back together. 

"Twice a week, every week, right?" "You noticed that, huh?" I say while staring into his forest-green eyes. He nods, his hands still trying to fix my leg. "Sometimes I watch you from the other side. I never really knew if you wanted to have company... It breaks me to see you like this, so...-" "Dead inside?" I finish his sentence without thinking. "You know everything isn't your fault right?" "It's not that I think it is my fault. He... When he died, it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. It felt like I could never experience happiness again. Sometimes I come here with a bottle of-" "Firewhiskey, I know." His finger moves over my cheek brushing the tears away. "Yea, I just try to share all the good memories with him, you know. However, every time I think about him I start to cry and-" "Oh Merlin-" The boy mumbles his hand frozen in the air. "I love him so much, my life has always been a mess and knowing that I could go to him lightened my mood every single time. I think-" "You are in love with Finlay." Now I am the one who freezes, not knowing what to say or what to do. "I- Elliot, that's crazy... I- I am not-.. he is dead- I-" "But you are though... Lizzie, it is okay-" "No!" I don't know how fast to get up on my feet again, stepping back away from the boy. "I am not in love with Finlay, how can you even think that?! I need to go-" "Lizzie-" I disappear, on my way to a new location.