²⁵, the weasley twins

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter twenty-five,

the weasley twins

"See you, golden boy

"See you, golden boy."

Calista Ella Garfield. 

THE HEAT OF THE FIRE TOUCHES MY SKIN, as I stare at the flames. The common room is empty because everyone is already asleep. My head leans on my arms and I am trying to keep myself calm. I miss my mom. I crave for her arms around me, her quiet voice when she tells me everything is going to be okay. My hand squeezes a letter I got earlier this night. I can't recognise the handwriting so I know it isn't from friends or family. I am shaking when opening the envelope. A small piece of paper appears. "Next time I will get you little bird and it may come sooner than expected" The fear flows over me like a bullet going through my heart. Sweat breaks out and I feel how my throat starts to enlarge, preventing the oxygen to enter my lungs. 

Steps but I barely notice them as I am more focussed on keeping my consciousness as I am starting to feel faint. Tears roll over my cheeks when the realisation comes, I am having a panic attack. "Lizzie?" A hand closes around my arm and I instantly back away. "Don't touch me." I stand and lean forward, barely being able to hold my own weight. "I am about to die. I am about to die." I mutter still keeping my distance from the boys. The chest pains make me let out a cry from the pain. My feet stop working and I fall on my knees. Soon my best friend is right in front of me, making sure not to touch me as he stares at me. "Lizzie, Lizzie listen to me-" He says trying to reach my eyes. I look up to him his grey eyes gazing in my eyes. "I- I can't breathe, Finn. I can't breathe." "I- Calista I want you to sit quietly for a moment after drawing some deep and relaxing breaths... Breathe with me, Lizzie." He wants to grab my hands but I pull them away. "Breath with us, c'mon I know you can do it!" Finlay whispers while his chest slowly moves up and down. I try to follow his example. "-Now listen for any sounds, what do you hear?" I let all the sounds pass through my ears. "I hear the oxygen reaching your lungs, the water flowing past the windows of the common room, I hear the lights buzzing as they eat magic to stay on." With every word, I say I feel myself getting calmer and calmer. The boy in front of me carefully moves closer before hugging me tightly. Tears drip on his sweater and I stare at his brother only a few feet further. His eyes pool as well and I can't tell why. "He says he's going to kill me, Finlay. He already tried it once, what if he succeeds this time...- I am so scared, Finn... I am so scared." I mumble in his shoulder finally feeling save enough to tell them the truth. 

~

I lean against the bed as I stare at the boys getting ready for the game. "Are you sure you feel well enough to play, Lizzie?" Elliot asks as he gets out of the bathroom. Last night he put me and Finlay on the spare bed in his dormitory, because I didn't want to go to my own and neither did Finlay. "Yea, I am... I promise-" I say as I see his face. The bathroom door opens and Hugh Reeves steps outside. "Oh, she's finally awake. Good morning, darling." "That's my sister, man." Grant laughs as he runs his hand through his hair. "Half-sister-" I say at the same time as his friend making the others laugh. "Where's Finlay?" "He already went downstairs to get some breakfast, something about him being hungry." Murphy chuckles, "I am hungry too, does someone want to walk with me?" Elliot shoots his friend a look who quickly puts on a shirt. "I will come." "Don't tell me you guys are actually going to stay with me today?" "Just start walking, darling." Hugh grins before pushing me out of the dormitory.