²⁶, submerge

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter twenty-six,

submerge

"Just go! And remember the Black Lake!"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

I MUMBLE ANOTHER SPELL TRYING TO MAKE THE CABINET WORK. "You don't have to do this, Cali...-" The boy mumbles trying to get me away from the closet. "It's fine, let it go, Draco." "No, you have been quiet ever since you walked in here, if you don't want to do it, it's fine. Just go to your boyfriend in Hogsmeade then!" "I don't have a boyfriend.. or well I don't think I have," I say as I put my wand away and face the blonde-haired boy. "Think? That's pathetic, Calista." "You don't have to tell me that, Malfoy. Look at me I am preparing a Vanishing Cabinet so I can let the man in who has been threatened to kill me for weeks now. If he would've been my boyfriend I would be with him now, trust me." He moves closer and grabs my wand to put it on a desk next to us. 

"What do you mean with letting the man in who wants to kill you?" I look away from him but almost instantly his hand finds my face and forces me to look at him. "What do you mean by that, Cali?" "Greyback-" I whisper while staring in his grey eyes. "He is coming too right?" The boy slowly nods, "he is-" "he is sending me letters for weeks now. Telling me he is going to kill me. This makes me want to finish him, but I would also want to keep him out. However here I am helping him get in because I care too much about you." I hit his chest because of the frustration that flows over me. "Ouch, Calista stop it-" he mumbles trying to grab my hands. "It fucking hurts, do you know how much it scares me? Because of you, I am doing this, because of you, Draco!" He gets ahold of my wrists and grabs them tightly before pushing me against the cabinet to kiss me roughly. I can't do anything else besides kissing him back and soon most of our clothes are all over the room. 

~

A few hours later I stumble out of the Room of Requirement. It is late in the evening and soon I realise how I was supposed to be in Hogsmeade right now I quickly make my way to the courtyard. It's already getting dark so I should hurry up before he thinks I stood him up. "Calista! Calista, wait a minute." I recognise her voice everywhere and I don't like it. "What do you want? I am late." I state annoyed as I slow my pace. "I just wanted to apologise for everything that happened between us and I have claimed some food outside hoping you would forgive me and drink something with me." I stare at her for a moment trying to figure out if she is telling the truth. "Please?" "Fine, but only a few minutes because I need to go to Hogsmeade." "Yes! Thank you!" She shrieks before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the exit.

I follow the girl outside and soon I realise that it is pretty cold. What am I doing here? I should be in Hogsmeade right now, with my friends, instead, I am following the girl I don't even like. Pansy walks into the forbidden forest. I should turn around, but there is something about this situation that makes me curious. I hear some noises what makes me turn around. "Keep walking, it's probably the centaurs." The black-haired girl says before continuing her path.