²⁸, confrontation

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter twenty-eight,

confrontation

"You're so fucking selfish

"You're so fucking selfish."

Calista Ella Garfield. 

MY EYES WANDER OVER THE FOREST THE THE LAKE IN FRONT OF ME. Everything is so quiet, so peaceful. My hands play with her dark brown hair. I missed moments like these, just me and Lenora enjoying the environment and practising with our powers. We are both not talking, because we don't need words to express how we feel. I glance at the grass as I turn my hand and a small flower grows. "Nice one, Lizzie." The girl laughs while she lets those flowers appear everywhere. "I know-" My best friend breaks the silence and I know immediately what she's talking about. "I figured, if there is anyone I can't keep secrets from, it's you." "How long?" "I caught him putting the imperius curse on Katie the first Hogsmeade weekend. I have known since then, but only after Christmas, he came to me for help." I state making a small three stump appear. "I know it's wrong and I know I shouldn't help him, but I really care about him and I don't want him to kill himself." "I understand, if it was Griffin coming to me with something like this, I would also help him." She says before groaning. "You are in a fucked up situation now-" "Tell me about it." We both stare at the lake for a moment not saying a thing. 

Footsteps and not much later a boy appears. "Oh sorry, I didn't know someone would be here." The blonde boy says and he wants to turn around, but Lenora quickly stands. "No it's fine, I need to go anyway." She presses a kiss on my cheek before grabbing her stuff and walking away. 

He sits down at the place she just sat and I lay down a bit so I can rest my head on his stomach. At first, no one says a thing and I use that time to grab the small notebook in his hand. I open it and let my eyes move over the words. A bit too late the boy realises what I am doing. "No, don't read-" but I am already on my feet. "Please, Cali, give it back." "Some parents can be hard on their children, mine are not only hard but also cruel," I mumble and I know he can hear the pain in my voice. He leans back against the tree not trying to stop me anymore. "How can you force your son not to love the girl of his dreams? How can you keep him away from her just because she's different because her bloodline is different...-" I sit down next to him again and stare in his grey eyes. "Draco..-" He grabs his notebook and glances at the black lake. "I will leave... I am sorry-" Without waiting for an answer I get up and walk away. 

~

I need to get my mind off everything, I need to stop thinking about everything that could go wrong and start worrying about school or something silly. I wander around the hallways not paying attention to the people who are there as well. "What are you up to today, Garfield?" The boy appears next to me and I smile. "Not much Reeves, what about you?" He rolls his eyes, "I have an idea, but it only works if you are up for it as well." I let my eyes go over him for a moment. "I am up for it, but we have to avoid Finlay, Grant and Elliot because they will kill you." "Let's go to my dorm then-" "Risky, I like it."