³⁹, emerald year

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter thirty-nine,

emerald year

"-they are willing to kill those who do not follow the rules

"-they are willing to kill those who do not follow the rules."

Calista Ella Garfield. 

ANOTHER SLYTHERIN POINTS HIS WAND ON MY LITTLE SISTER and that's the moment I am losing it. The next thing I know my want is pointed at the boy. "Drop your wand!" I say dangerously calm. Lenora moves closer for her to touch me and that's the moment my hand rises till it points on the teacher who is using Jane as an example. "No, I am not going to-" "Stupefy!" The spell hits the boy in the chest and he lands unconscious on the ground. "Crucio!" All my bones are on fire and I try to keep in a scream when falling on the ground. "Stop it, professor Carrow, please!" Sage and Lenora yell as they rush towards me. A painful groan escapes my mouth but I will not give in. After what seems like forever he finally stops. I keep holding onto the floor as I gasp for air. "That's it for today, you can go." Everyone quickly leaves the classroom and I get up as well. "Not you- I would like to speak to you," Carrow says devilish. "Go, I will be right behind you." Sage and Lenora nod and walk away, outside leading the little girls away as well. The moment the door closes his hand hits my face hard. "Listen to me, I don't like your attitude at all, so don't you ever dare to do that again, am I clear?" I ignore him and start walking away from the death eater. The curse hits me again, making me fall to the ground. He stops again and waits for my answer. "You are more than clear, sir." I mock him and he knows it. His shoe roughly makes contact with my back pushing me back to the ground. "Good."  

The next class I am busy making my potion when Slughorn stops me. "Firstly, I will give you 20 points for your potion as it is perfect so far. Secondly, last year during a dinner with some students and me you left this sweater and-" My eyes move to the red sweater in his hands, suddenly feeling faint. "That's- that's mine indeed, thank you." He gives me the sweater with a smile but doesn't leave. "Listen Calista, I know you feel like you need to protect your sister and his sister, but you need to keep a low profile. I and every other decent teacher promise you that we will do our best, but I need to ask you to keep your head down... Can you do that?" I stare at the old man for a while, before nodding. "I will, I promise." He leaves and I stare at the sweater, keeping it close, smelling it. It smells just like him, his cologne, his body scent, everything. A smile appears on my face remembering when I stole this one. 

I try every closet I see till I arrive at his'. I step inside and look around. He has so many sweaters and all of them are within reach. I grab my favourite and make my way to the door again when it opens. Lukas and Finlay step inside making me freeze. When the boys see me, Lukas chuckles knowing why I am here. "I will go-" He states before walking out leaving me with my best friend. "You aren't supposed to steal that one, I wanted to give it to Anne." "Oh yea, little Finnie has a girlfriend now." I mock him putting the sweater on. He pushes me a bit with a laugh. "Stop mocking me, you have been wandering around with different boys this year and-" "I am not, don't be so protective, Black." "I am not protective over my girlfriend, I am protective over you."  "Of course you are, we are pretty much soulmates." I shriek as his arm closes around my waist to pull me in a hug. "Yea, we are. No matter how stupid you act, I will always love you, Lizzie." "I will always love you too, Fin."