⁰⁷, christmas eve

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter seven,
christmas eve

"-every time I close my eyes, I see versions of how I will die

"-every time I close my eyes, I see versions of how I will die."

Calista Ella Garfield. 

HE TUCKS MY HAIR BEHIND MY EAR, before backing away. "That is much better, princess." He chuckles. We are back at the Grimmauld place and things are tense because Mr Weasley got attacked by Voldemort's snake. Luckily he is home again but people are still constantly looking around them. "What are you waiting for, Golden boy?" "I just hoped to see you blush." "Than you don't know me as well as you think you do." I chuckle as I stand from my bed. "I think I can say that I know you." His hands close around my waist while pulling me closer. "Do you now?" "Yes, I know lots of things about you. I know that you like the dark because it relaxes you. I know that you draw because you are in control of the outcome. I know that you and your friends play this little game every year. I know how you love being admired by most guys at Hogwarts. That you comprehend exactly what kind of effect you have on others. I can continue for hours." I feel his breath against my lips and I am completely frozen. He seems to be too distracted to say something too because his eyes dart between my lips and my eyes. 

Suddenly his brother appears in the room and we both back away from each other. "Am I interrupting something?" He says with a grin while looking at both of us. "No, no definitely not." I quickly say and I step further away. "George man, what did you want to say?" "Dinner is ready." The red-haired boy only says as he keeps grinning. "I will walk with you." The boy pushes his brother out of my room. Before he follows him he turns around and winks. "See you later, princess." I wait a minute before I follow the boys. What the hell just happened? 

I step out of my room at the same time as Maverick and he smiles. Eyes on the price, Calista. I step towards him with a grin. "Did you know, dinner already started, Lanchester?" I smile making the boy chuckle. "Yes I do, but I waited for a certain girl from Slytherin," I smirk and want to say something but we get interrupted by two voices downstairs. "You terribly screwed up, Grant!" It's my dad. I look down and see him and my brother talking. "The Forbidden Forest is forbidden for a reason and you still went there! People got hurt! Why are you constantly acting out?!" My dad raises his voice and I know that he and mom are very concerned about him, the last few months he skipped a lot of classes and did some very dangerous things and I don't know why. "We just had some fun! I bet you were like that when you were in Hogwarts!" "I never almost killed two girls because I wanted to have a party in the Forbidden Forest! That's not okay, Grant! Why can't you see that?!" The boy I call my brother walks away from him. "Don't you dare walking away from me, we are not done yet!" My dad walks after him and slowly their voices disappear. 

"That sounded pretty heated," Maverick says as he looks at the spot the two were standing just moments ago. "Yea, it was," I say not being able to keep my focus. His hand grabs my chin and he turns my head to him. "I could think of something else that could get heated though." Eyes on the price. I force myself to grin. "Sounds like a plan to me." I laugh before pulling him closer, making his lips touch mine.