⁰⁵, afternoon hours

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter five,
afternoon hours

"I am not better than anyone else"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

MY EYES MEET POTTER'S AND HE GIVES ME A SMALL SMILE. I can only give him a death stare. Soon he will tell his friends about detention with Umbridge and after that, it will arrive at my friends. Trust me if I say that's the last thing I want. "Miss Garfield and Mister Malfoy will be the last duo." Professor Sinistra says and I snap back into reality. The well known golden trio looks at both of us in disgust. "What are you looking at, Potter?" I snap at him, Draco turns around as well but I quickly pull him back, before he can say something. "A little protective, huh?" Draco smirks as he moves closer to the telescope and also closer to me. "Fuck off, Malfoy," I say pulling the telescope away from him and looking at the stars myself. "You are a little feisty today, aren't you?" "I would happily take up on my offer to break your nose today." He rolls his eyes and moves closer, his hand resting on my throat. "Watch your mouth." "Make me-" I whisper and after I take my distance again. He wants to respond but Sinistra says we can leave. I quickly grab my stuff and leave the classroom. 

I knock on the DADA classroom and Umbridge opens the door. "I already started my class-" "I come for detention." I interrupt her which gives me an angry stare from the woman. "You are late for detention, I suppose an extra week will learn you that being late isn't how it works." "That's not fair, I had Astronomy, I came as fast as I could!" "Some Gryffindors also had Astronomy and they are on time. This is my decision, you should accept that. Now walk with me-" I walk inside and soon I see Maverick. I wink at him what makes him smirk. "No flirting or you will get another week." She says without turning around. She opens her office and I sit down. "What do I have to write down?" I question as I stare at the pink lady. "The same sentence as always." She says without emotion. "Fine." I start writing things down and the pain starts again. However, it is different this time. It feels like the words are cutting deeper than before and it hurts even more. I groan when realising what is happening. "Something wrong, miss Garfield?" "No." "No who?" "No professor!" I say annoyed. "Good," she says and after she disappears again.

~

I arrive in the great hall for lunch trying to keep my right hand out of sight. I sit down with my friends across from Lenora and next to Finlay and Theodore. Our group continues next to Finlay and Draco and his friends sit next to Theodore. "God, I am hungry," I say as I grab something to eat. "Lizzie, what is that?" Finlay states as he looks at my right hand. I quickly pull it away and try to hide it under the table. "No, it doesn't work like that, show me!" He says as he grabs me hand and puts it on the table. My left hand covers the other one and that's the moment Lenora groans. The realisation comes very fast and suddenly she grabs my arm as well. Both of the groups are looking at us and I am trying to stay calm. "Lizzie, tell us." I stay silent. "Don't give us the silent treatment!" Finlay starts but Lenora stops him. "Wait, are those words?" My eyes close while Theodore mumbles "I am not better than anyone else"