²⁹, masked ball

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter twenty-nine,
masked ball

chapter twenty-nine,masked ball

"Please, don't leave me. Please, never leave."

Calista Ella Garfield. 

THE WHOLE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT IS FILLED WITH BRIGHT COLOURS. The decorations show that this masked ball is all about the spring, that's coming soon. My eyes move over the people that are already there. My friends are in one corner and the boy who asked me in another one. They don't know. They don't know that Lex Moore asked me to go to the ball, as friends. Or well, I think he meant as friends. There is something about him that attracts me, although that can also be because I miss playing with Fred. My feet bring me to him as I completely ignore the people I call my friends. He bows with a smile while kissing my hand, "you look beautiful, my lady." He grins before getting up and holding his arm out. "Stop messing with me, Moore." "So we are back at the surnames again?" He laughs while leading me to the dancefloor. 

He puts his hands on my hips and I lay mine in his neck. "Your friends are staring at us and they don't look happy." "Yea, I predicted that. I didn't even tell them we went together. I will probably get a lecture tonight after the ball." "From your friends or your boyfriend?" He asks with a small smirk, his eyes focussed on my mates. "Why does everyone think I have a boyfriend?" "Because earlier this year you were rather close with one of the Weasley twins and these past weeks I saw you with Reeves a lot." He is really close and our movements are minimal. We just stare at each other, probably both thinking the same thing. "Well they aren't my boyfriends, I am just avoiding reality." I don't know why I admit this to this particular boy. "Why would you want to grasp that?" "Because I need to know if you are going to feel guilty when I do this." He leans in and the next thing I know his lips are on mine. I immediately pull him closer as my lips move hungrily over his'. 

"Are you sure, your friends would be okay with this?" "Fuck them, let's get out of here." His hand moves over my chin, his fingers on my lip. "Is that even a question?" He laughs before pulling me out of the room.

His hands are all over my body as he puts me on the desk in the potions classroom. We didn't get all the way to the common room so we made a small stop. I watch how he gets rid of his shirt before leaning in again to kiss me. Suddenly the door bursts open and Finlay, Maverick, Grant, Hugh and even Elliot step inside. "Guys what the hell!" I say as I jump off the desk and try to find my dress. "You shut up, Lizzie!" Finlay says angrily as he and Grant both grab an arm of the boy, who was just making out with me and pull him outside the classroom. "Just put on some clothes, Cali." My brother says and I give him a dead stare. "What the fuck is wrong with you guys? I am having a good time! Just leave me the fuck alone!" I stumble also outside only to see how Finlay hits Lex hard. "You are a sick bastard, man!" He calls as he grabs his collar before hitting him again. "Dude don't be jealous she wanted me instead of you!" Now Maverick is the one pushing him to the ground again. "You don't want to go down that road, Moore! You are a fucking psychopath! How dare you hurt her, huh?" He bursts furiously as I slowly pull up my dress. Lex gets up and starts to hit Finlay, which lets the panic take over on my side. Every emotion I pushed back these past few weeks come back up and I really start to struggle with my dress as my hands shake. That's the moment he grabs one of my hands and the dress. I look up in his forest-green eyes. "Don't worry, I will help you-" "Thank you, El-"