⁴⁵, starry night

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter forty-five,

starry night

" I am giving you a way out, no hard feelings-"

Calista Ella Garfield. 

I SWALLOW THE PURPLE PILL WITH SOME WATER, waiting for my mom to start talking. However, she doesn't, she just stares at me while my dad tries to defuse the tension. "Shut it, Charles-" My mom snaps at him making me flinch a bit, she is really pissed off. "Why didn't you tell us, Calista?! Do you know how serious this is?!" I only stare at the table, not wanting to say something. "Talk to us! This is not okay! You are telling me you have walked around seeing your dead friend, for months now and you never told us?!" Her hand hits the table hard, but I don't move. At Hogwarts nowadays things like this happen daily, it doesn't scare me anymore. "I didn't mind, it was okay-" "None of this is okay, Calista! What would have happened if you completely lost it during Christmas huh?! Do you know how lucky you are that Elliot could calm you in time! What if you would have gone crazy?!" I put my hands on the table and stand straight. "I already did! You have no idea what I am going through! You have no idea how it feels to lose your best friend, how it feels to lose the- to lose someone like Finlay! So don't judge me!" 

The doorbell rings and dad quickly walks away. "Don't speak to me like that! You know I lost Jo! I lost my mom, dad and best friend, Isaac in one year! So don't you dare to speak to me like that ever again!" "Do you mean the dad who repeatedly tried to kill me?! The dad who killed my best friend? Woah, you must miss him so much!" "Enough!" She says angrily exactly when dad walks in with some people. "That's enough!" 

"Calista, what are you still doing here?" I look up and see the red-haired boy who I call my boyfriend. "Aren't you supposed to be at Hogwarts?" Lupin asks confused. I turn back to my mom who fell back into the seat. "You sent them back there? Alone?! You don't have clue what they are doing to them over there! And you send them back without me?! How could you?" I yell at her when I realise what's going on. "I need to get there-" "Don't move, young lady," Dad says coldly. I glance at him biting my lip, trying not to cry. "Dad, you need to let me go there. They torture them, I need to make sure they torture me and not them. That pain isn't even half as much as the pain I live with every single day. He lost his entire family and his life because of me, Jane can't get hurt because of me too. You have to let me go. Mom, I am begging you." 

"Calista darling, you are taking everyone's- wait, they torture students?" My mom finally realises what I just said and glances at me just like all the other adults in the room. "Listen, I promise I will take the medicine, I don't-" I gaze at Fred for a moment before continuing. "I promise, but let me go to school-" "Cali-" "Dad, I know you are worried for me and I understand because if it was my child I would too, but trust me when I tell you that I will be okay. I will get through this-" "You need to write me, Cali-" I look up to the boy in the doorway, Elliot. "I will. I promise." "You say that quite a lot." Fred chuckles but I ignore it and gaze at my mom again. "Fine, you will take the first train tomorrow."