⁴⁴, home for christmas

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter forty-four,
home for christmas

"I think it's better if you go, Lenora

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I think it's better if you go, Lenora."

Calista Ella Garfield. 

I TRY TO KEEP MYSELF WARM WITH A WARMTH SPELL when sitting in the backyard staring at the snow. The silence keeps me calm, it prevents that I am going to overthink things. Something I do quite often these past few weeks. Next to me, the black-haired boy seems to enjoy the snow as well. I am going crazy and I wonder if people know it. With everything going on at school I don't want to worry my friends more, so I don't tell them. I don't tell how I can see him, how I can talk to him. I don't speak up about the fact that I don't sleep. Earlier he helped me sleep and now he's the reason I can't. Every nerve in my body want to lean my head on his shoulder, but my brain constantly reminds me he is not here anymore. He is dead. 

Footsteps in the snow break my focus. "I am sorry" I state without looking up to the person, knowing who it is. "What are you talking about?" He sits down on the bench I am sitting on. "I guess you were right, you know about Finlay... Congrats-" "I am not proud I guessed it right. Especially because you two have been killing yourself ever since the summer after our dad died...-" I look up to the boy, confused, not knowing what to say. "You know?" "Do you really think you could keep something like that a secret?" "I- We tried. It was never supposed to happen."

"I have no one, Lizzie- Everyone left me. My mom, my dad, my uncle... I don't know how to survive this - I -" My hand finds its way to his chin forcing him to look at me. "You have me, Finlay... You will always have me." "You?" "Yes, I will always be there for you, no matter how stupid you are acting. You will always have me, always." The silence that comes after kills me. My thumb moves over his bottom lip as I try to let all the cursed thoughts out of my head. I want to know what he thinks, I want to know if he is also thinking about everything he shouldn't. We have both been through a lot and maybe- My thoughts get interrupted when his lips smash onto mine, his hands moving over my neck to my hips pulling me closer than I already am. I make it easier for him as I move to his lap while my hands brush through his hair. His body scent is all the way up in my nostrils and it is clouding every decision I am making. I break away from him as he pulls my shirt over my head, leaving me in only my bra, but I immediately pull him closer again. Even if I wanted to stop, I can't. 

"Liz, you two-" "Tell me, Elliot, I can handle it." "-You two were made for each other... He loved you the same way you love him-... And-" But I stop listening, my world is spinning and I clench my hands on the bench trying to stay in the reality. "Don't say it, Elliot, don't," I murmur as I glance up at the black-haired boy right in front of me. "You need to hear it, you have a right to know Lizzie." "I am in love with you, Lizzie-" "He was in love with you, Liz." The boy speaks at the same time as his brother and it makes me feel nauseous. I run inside with Elliot right behind me. "Cali, mom said we are going to-" I push Eden to the side and rush into the bathroom. I reach the toilet right in time. As I vomit Elliot holds my hair, one of his hand moving in circles on my back. "Get it all out, Lizzie. It's okay." I cough and clean my face before flushing the toilet, tears streaming over my face. Sobs leave my mouth fast as I clamp myself onto Elliot. "I know, Lizzie... I know-" He whispers and I feel his tears fall on me.