⁰⁰, grimmauld place

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬

chapter null,
grimmauld place

"I see you've changed a lot of the summer

"I see you've changed a lot of the summer."

Calista Ella Garfield.

THE DARKNESS MAKES ME FEEL ALONE AND I KIND OF LIKE IT. The door opens and my best friend walks in. "Why are you sitting in the dark right now?" "I don't know, I really like the dark, you know that." I chuckle as I get up from the bed. "Mrs Weasley said that dinner was ready and it looks like Harry arrived." I roll my eyes, of course, Potter would arrive as well. "Are you coming?" Finlay asks while still holding the door. "Yea- I will be right behind you." He closes the door again. We are only two weeks away from going back to school and now that he's back, everything will change. My mom and dad are constantly tense and everyone notices it. I open my notebook and start drawing. I really calm down when doodling. I focus on the lake next to the castle. I started this at the end of last year and it's finally almost finished. 

The two boys appear and normally it would scare the hell out of me, but I got used to it over the summer. "You're the only one who isn't downstairs yet," one of the red-haired boys says. "Mother wanted us to check on you," the other one finishes. I close my notebook and look at the boys. "I am coming, don't worry." I want to walk to the door but one of the boys appears in front of me before I can get out. "You have been distance lately, Cali." "I know, I am just worried about the next year, I guess. You know now that he's back and people are too naive to believe us." I explain while noticing that his brother is already gone. "Hogwarts is one of the safest places in England, I am sure we won't get attacked when we are in school," Fred explains as he keeps looking at me. "Probably not, I just don't feel right about this year, something is off." "You just read too many muggle murder mysteries." The boy chuckles and I push him. "Hey, I actually try to gain more knowledge, how many OWL's did you have?" "We don't know if you will have more, you are going to have them this year. Stop being a Slytherin, princess." I roll my eyes. "I told you to stop calling me that." "What? A Slytherin or princess." "Both," I say as I push him out of the way and start walking downstairs. "Just admit that you like it," he chuckles but I just ignore him. "C'mon Garfield, don't ignore me now." We both walk into the kitchen. "Honestly Weasley, just shut your mouth already." "That's fine by me, princess." I give the boy a death stare and after I sit down next to Finlay Black, one of my best friends. 

He gives me a look and I know exactly what he thinks. "I am happy when we are back in our common room. Without all those Gryffindors." I say as I glance back at the boy. "She got that from me," I hear my dad say, making my mom giggle. "No, she got it from, Lucy." The mother from Maverick says. "She was a Ravenclaw." "Yeah, something went wrong there because I thought she was more a Slytherin." "Lianna is right, Luce you were a Slytherin who chose Ravenclaw." Maverick's dad states. I look at the boy from across the table and a grin appears on my face. He looks pretty good, maybe I could- "What are you thinking about, Cali?" Finlay smiles as he follows my gaze. "No, that would make things really awkward after." He whispers in my ear and I laugh a bit. "I would never make a situation with a boy awkward." "You won't but he will. That's what you do to boys." "C'mon Finn, you would still help if I would do it right?" I give him my puppy eyes and it makes him groan. "Yes, of course, I would, you're my friend... But I do hate you now." "I love you too." I chuckle while rolling my eyes.